Paw Paw Howie's Transplant Benefit - Liver 'n Onions (1 Viewer)

Shrimpnose

Selector
Reaction score
For the Mods, I am posting this here with the permission of Andrus. If you see fit, maybe it could become a sticky until the event date ?

I am officially on the Liver transplant list at Ochsner and I am having a benefit/fundraiser through the non profit HELPHOPELIVE 501(c)(3), to help with my 7K a year out of pocket expenses, and required life long anti-rejection meds, post transplant . When I was 16 and a sophomore at Holy Cross, I contracted Hep C, back in 1964, after getting run over by a truck and receiving a transfusion because of internal bleeding. I was cured of the Hep C with Harvoni, back in 2015, but the cirrhosis persists.

It will be at Rock N Bowl on Sunday February 17, 2019 from 1:30 - 5:30. I would certainly love to have my SR.com brothers and sisters attend. There will be live music, and St Fury will be blowing his horn, with free bowling and a 50/50 raffle. I have attached the flyer (and a link below this text to connect to the benefit page for more information and advance purchase tickets), with the musical guests and comic, location, date and time. Alex Harvie will also be doing a live painting to memorialize the event and a video will be made as well. It's not exactly a CRAWL, like we used to do, but Rock N Bowl is the place we had a gathering many moons ago. Hopefully, we'll be celebrating our second Lombardi Trophy, as well ! Thanks in advance for your consideration and interest - Shrimpnose.

https://events.helphopelive.org/event/4837/signupFlyer FINAL LEGAL.jpg

Attachments

• Couvillon, Howard - large poster FINAL.pdf
    472.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Thanks, Joe. I'll be excited to see you, old friend ! Let me know and we'll get together when you hit town.

I wanted to give this a bump. Howard is a good dude. And I am a firm believer in giving back to those in need when I can. I encourage those if you who can make tine, to come out and support our SR brother. As stated in the OP, I’ll be blowing my trumpet with some pretty gnarly musicians, having some fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom