Pay AK! (1 Viewer)

It’s time to pay AK. When healthy, he’s the best player on the field. If you aren’t sure, go back and watch game at Seattle this year.

It’s time to pay AK. When healthy, he’s the best player on the field. If you aren’t sure, go back and watch game at Seattle this year.

Actually next year is time to pay him if we decide to. But how much do you think we should pay him?

I’m interested in knowing which team paid a running back big money recently where it worked out good for the team.

Let’s look

In 2018 Gurley and David Johnson signed big extensions. 4 year 60 and 3 year 40 respectively. Gurley has been cut and Johnson has been traded.

Le’Veon Bell and Zeke Elliott sign for 4 year 52 million and 6 year 90 million. After an 800 yard season, Bell is well on his way to joining Gurley and Johnson. Zeke had a good season last year but he’s got five years to go and it’s not a popular contract amongst fans especially signing him a year early and not getting Dak done after playing his contract out

CMac signs 4 yr 64 mil. Just a stupid contract but they have nobody else to pay. Nobody else to put butts in the seats.

The other contracts this year have been more conservative. Melvin Gordon was the best running back on the market and he got 2 years 16 mil...8 mil/yr. The chargers extended Ekeler for 4 years 24 mil...6mil/yr.

I’m good with giving AK the Melvin Gordon contract next year.

I can't remember who all is coming up for a contract next year, but it seems like I remember it's quite a few. The thing with Kamara, he’s going to play hard-ball, with encouragement from his agent. Who knows what kind of money we’re talking. This is a situation that will have to play itself out. The Saints, of course, would love to keep Kamara. It’s going to be a numbers game, and they will deal with it when it’s time.

I can't remember who all is coming up for a contract next year, but it seems like I remember it's quite a few. The thing with Kamara, he’s going to play hard-ball, with encouragement from his agent. Who knows what kind of money we’re talking. This is a situation that will have to play itself out. The Saints, of course, would love to keep Kamara. It’s going to be a numbers game, and they will deal with it when it’s time.

Here are next year’s FAs..we can scratch off Taysom. Also Ram and Lattimore are going to be playing under their 5th year option in 2021. We are 8 million over the projected salary cap before Taysom’s contract which I would bet most of the 21 mil goes on 2021 since we only have a few mil in cap space right now and a deal in the works with Winston.

I hope. I know many on here thinks he’s expendable but I think Alvin is crucial to our offense and not only that, he’s great for our locker room and culture. Payton preaches about keeping a strong locker room so I hope he keeps the guys who are making that locker room strong for atleast the foreseeable future. Guys like Cam, AK, DD, Mike, Ram, Latt. (Assuming their production keeps up of course)

I like AK and I know he's a good guy, but on the field I can't be the only one that notices he plays with a poor attitude sometimes.

I just don't see the passion as much as say.. someone like Ingram.

At times last year, he just seemed bored, and like he didn't care.

I could def be looking to much into this, and it could of been bc he was hurt.

I guess I'm really just curious to see if anyone else had that observation as well?

I like AK and I know he's a good guy, but on the field I can't be the only one that notices he plays with a poor attitude sometimes.

I guess I'm really just curious to see if anyone else had that observation as well?

I think it may have been the injury but I noticed it as well.
I miss Ingram more than I thought I would. The ravens got a heck of a deal. And they’re trying to replace him already. They drafted JK Dobbins. They have an out in Ingrams contract after this season. If they let him go, I’d like to bring him back.

I think he's still young so he's learning what it's like to bring it every play, every game. During the playoff game vs Minnesota, he called the offense together during the 4th quarter on the sideline and gave a "rah rah" speech. Ironically, he played really bad that game, but I believe the effort was there.

Here's hoping he continues to grow as a player/leader.

What made u think that this post MI version of AK was good for the culture of the Saints? I would LOVE to see ANYone answer, Please refrain from using the word "hurt" in your answer. I wanna know about the good vibes or hard work culture he brought prancing to the sidelines with 3 more yards to go

You don’t get how popular he is with teammates and well liked he is inside the organization. He’s a leader on the team.

Brees , MT and Alvin are treated differently than the rest They are superstars. SP uses him unlike Bush , Ingram etc.

He loves New Orleans , the team loves him and he’s a big part of their plan. He wants to be here. Not at ANY cost but I’m pretty sure that there is a trust that he will be treated fairly.
Can’t see him going anywhere anytime soon.

you couldn’t be more wrong. Spend 5 minutes talking to Ingram and 5 minutes talking to Alvin. They are night and day people. He’s not perfect- nobody is - but his attitude isn’t a problem.

I think there was a special bond with Kamara and Ingram that makes me want him back for. I appreciate Murray and hope he gets more opportunities next year but the Kamara/Ingram bus was really fun.

Your eyes and common sense don't betray you

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom