Pay for Performance(probowl) (1 Viewer)

kettlecallingpotblack.jpg

You can make all these changes to make the game to appear more competitive, but at the end of the day, it's still an exibition that neither the players or fans will care about as far as the game result.

Unless they put something more on the line for the winner or loser, such as $100k bonuses, guaranteed week one home games for the winning conference, etc., no one will care.

You can make all these changes to make the game to appear more competitive, but at the end of the day, it's still an exibition that neither the players or fans will care about as far as the game result.

Unless they put something more on the line for the winner or loser, such as $100k bonuses, guaranteed week one home games for the winning conference, etc., no one will care.

How about the winning conference gets an extra two 1st round picks? All teams in the winning conference are eligible. 16 balls-- one representing each team-- go into a lottery hopper. Two balls pop up. Those teams get picks 33 and 34 of the first round only. Choosing who gets the first of those two picks is decided by a coin toss. I'd watch for that.

How about the winning conference gets an extra two 1st round picks? All teams in the winning conference are eligible. 16 balls-- one representing each team-- go into a lottery hopper. Two balls pop up. Those teams get picks 33 and 34 of the first round only. Choosing who gets the first of those two picks is decided by a coin toss. I'd watch for that.

That doesn't really give much incentive to the individual players. I don't think they really care if their team gets an extra draft pick. What if they get traded to a different team, or if they are free agents after the Pro Bowl? So with that said, we need a new plan. How about this one... The players from the winning team have the option to sit out the first week of training camp without penalty if they wish.

That doesn't really give much incentive to the individual players. I don't think they really care if their team gets an extra draft pick. What if they get traded to a different team, or if they are free agents after the Pro Bowl? So with that said, we need a new plan. How about this one... The players from the winning team have the option to sit out the first week of training camp without penalty if they wish.

I thought about this one too. Not sure if the coaches would like that one though. :hihi:

which ever division loses has to wear the steelers "bumble bee" throwback uniforms for the rest of the year...

Sorry I wasn't more clear. It would be an incentive for fans to watch the game rather than for the players. This could be in addition to individual incentives to the players.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 284
Sorry I wasn't more clear. It would be an incentive for fans to watch the game rather than for the players. This could be in addition to individual incentives to the players.

Hmmm now it makes more sense.. I agree that would give more incentive to the fans. And for the players they could still do the week off of training camp thing for more incentive if they wanted to. So I agree that this all could make it better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom