Pay for Performance(probowl) (1 Viewer)

Give it up. The owners are trying to milk the fans, through the players, for every last penny.

It's a stupid game that nobody cares about. Just let it be exactly that.

Give it up. The owners are trying to milk the fans, through the players, for every last penny.

It's a stupid game that nobody cares about. Just let it be exactly that.

Like people have been saying for years.. make it an award in writing and name only.

Give free trip to Hawaii

Do skills competition and maybe have a good fun pickup game of football or flag football or something like that

Save embarassment of a probowl "game"

so thats what pay for performance is......I thought.........? AAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
davis4-11-08-14.jpg

Hmmm now it makes more sense.. I agree that would give more incentive to the fans. And for the players they could still do the week off of training camp thing for more incentive if they wanted to. So I agree that this all could make it better.

That would make it even better.

i like the idea of the probowl, its just sooooo boring. It would be awesome if it meant something.

one idea i had: each year select 2 cities to host the superbowl (1 AFC and 1 NFC), the winning conference to host the superbowl the following year. it would never happen though. still way cooler than a.... skills competition.

Pay for performance pro bowl....Gregg Williams will coach both the NFC and AFC squads. ;)

To me, this is right up there with pushing for 18 games while claiming to care about player safety. And these are the league's best players, too, if one of them gets hurt because the Commish wants to pay his gladiators to put on a show for advertisers, it would have a huge impact on the future of the league. Can you imagine if RGIII had gone down in the Pro Bowl playing for Goodell's bonus money instead of the playoffs?

The players from the winning team have the option to sit out the first week of training camp without penalty if they wish.

so fans can cry about those players not being with their team for a week during training camp?

The time has passed for Pro Bowl. Too much money at risk if these high priced players get hurt. Drew is the example. Drew being Drew the competitor he was, got hurt and only 2 teams were interested come contract time. As stated above just have a skills type competition.

To me, this is right up there with pushing for 18 games while claiming to care about player safety. And these are the league's best players, too, if one of them gets hurt because the Commish wants to pay his gladiators to put on a show for advertisers, it would have a huge impact on the future of the league. Can you imagine if RGIII had gone down in the Pro Bowl playing for Goodell's bonus money instead of the playoffs?

The injury issue is always huge with players and even fans. I remember when Edwards-- the Probowl RB from The Pats-- had his career ended in Hawaii.... in the Sand lot game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom