Payton: “a lot we have to improve on in a short amount of time.” (1 Viewer)

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Listened to this earlier.

It sounds like the focus of today’s meeting was the fact they have just made so many mistakes.

On one hand, it’s a blessing because a) it’s correctable and b) were 10-2.

On the other hand, as he said, time is running out and they have to fix it ASAP.

Saintslfc13

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I don’t know the stats but it seems like the Penalties died down a bit after about week 4 only to resurface after the Bye. On the surface of it we do seem to commit a lot of stupid penalties but when it’s put under a microscope we’re getting called for things the other team isn’t at times. It’s just another thing for the Saints, and us, as fans to deal with.

Hopefully with the mini-bye we get this cleaned up and play a complete game.

ShortFuzed9

Veteran
Reaction score
I have never seen so many penalties from a Sean Payton coached team as have this year. I have never seen us fail to recover so many inside kicks. That said Discipline is needed. As for the Onside kicks we need to get some dogs up front who dont mind the action coming. those recoveries albeit the kick was great but nobody stepped up to get them

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Saints are 10-2, and clinched the NFC South title on Thanksgiving. That does not mean they don’t have issues.

Specifically, they can’t seem to figure out how to recover an onside kick — which the rest of the league is fairly adept at.

The Falcons actually recovered three of them (one was negated by penalty), which had coach Sean Payton steamed................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom