Payton: “a lot we have to improve on in a short amount of time.” (1 Viewer)

Payton was forced to run and stick with it with Bridgewater just let him manage the game. Problem is idk if it’s Brees Payton or both but they cannot stick to the run we don’t have the weapons or QB to throw it 40xs a game every game and win blowouts noONE DOES!! Yet Payton seems to think he still has Sporles ,Moore,Colston, Graham and Meachem out there while Henderson,Pierre Thomas or Ingram waiting on the bench .

We have a nice setup with Kamara, Murray,Thomas,Cook , Hill

Problem is non of those or field stretchers like Devery,Meachem and Cooks, Morgan to a lesser degree.

Ginn has to step up and make those catches , Smith has to be implemented into the game plan more! He needs deep ball targets not just running him in the slot as a 5th option you don’t even look at kinda like we did Snead his last year.

I think this week it all comes together we’ll be fine and play our best game of the season even without Armstead and Peat!

Simply put I trust my guys to get the job done against anyone if 2 things happen

-2-3 Receiver
Development and trust with Smith it’s essential and going to be needed against a Patriots or Ravens defense
Ginn Just has to step up

* Drew INT numbers are down in recent years because he doesn’t make as many contest throws and double coverage throws its smarter yet it looks like to offense isn’t as explosive due to this but Ginn and Cook catch a few key balls and we’re not even having this discussion .

He has to trust Smith as he does Thomas, Cook , Kamara and Ginn in those tightly contested throws I can’t judge him until I’ve seen he can’t produce but all I’ve seen is more production than let down when given the chance

Payton sticks with what works best for this team
-Game planning, in game adjustments
-Keep the offense balance at a minimum of 44-48% run to 52-56% pass ratio I’d settle for the middle

Correct these to issues and this team will begin to steamroll over any team it comes across

We are scoring 3 more points on avg with Brees, despite what it "feels like".

We were much more sluggish under Teddy. The problem has been our defense not getting off the field since the first Atlanta game. The offensive penalties were a constant all year but now it's like our defense is picking up stupid penalties too.

I don’t know the stats but it seems like the Penalties died down a bit after about week 4 only to resurface after the Bye. On the surface of it we do seem to commit a lot of stupid penalties but when it’s put under a microscope we’re getting called for things the other team isn’t at times. It’s just another thing for the Saints, and us, as fans to deal with.

Hopefully with the mini-bye we get this cleaned up and play a complete game.

I have never seen so many penalties from a Sean Payton coached team as have this year. I have never seen us fail to recover so many inside kicks. That said Discipline is needed. As for the Onside kicks we need to get some dogs up front who dont mind the action coming. those recoveries albeit the kick was great but nobody stepped up to get them

The Saints are 10-2, and clinched the NFC South title on Thanksgiving. That does not mean they don’t have issues.

Specifically, they can’t seem to figure out how to recover an onside kick — which the rest of the league is fairly adept at.

The Falcons actually recovered three of them (one was negated by penalty), which had coach Sean Payton steamed................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom