Payton: “a lot we have to improve on in a short amount of time.” (2 Viewers)

Nothing new here. He has been saying, after every game...."LOOK, THERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT WE NEED TO GET CLEANED UP AND WE WILL". When? This week? What about the past 6 or so weeks? If and when things do get cleaned up (IE; the stupid play calling at times, like an empty back set, on 4th and 1. Or the DUMB penalties, by a certain high profile player of this team.) Or the special teams play? I am going to believe it when I see it. Until then, just win even if your team cannot get things CLEANED UP.

I’d encourage you to listen to it. And also Rankins’ interview today. It’s pretty clear there’s a tone they’re setting right now that’s a bit different wrt fixing it now.

He’s right. When I look at how we’ve played the last few weeks compared to the 49ers, those efforts won’t be enough against this team. We simply can’t afford to not finish games or have 120 yards of penalties and come away with the win.

BUT this is the type of game where I think Coach Payton earns that big extension. He’ll get these guys to rise to the level they’re capable of in the biggest game of the year.

Dude.
Since Brees came back, we are 4-1.......won 3 in a row against conference opponents, all 4 wins we had at least a 15 point lead at some point.......

Yeah things aren’t perfect but my goodness......it’s hard to say much when Brees is winning at a 5-1 clip overall (including 2 game patented winning drives in the last minutes).

Right now I’d say EVERY TEAM in the NFL would love to trade places with us (except Balt and SF).

I hate to say it, but this team looked better when Bridgewater was the starting QB. No, I don’t think that Bridgewater is better than Brees, but it just feels like everyone put their best foot forward. It also seems like we had a ton of less penalties as a team when he was the starter.

I hate to say it, but this team looked better when Bridgewater was the starting QB. No, I don’t think that Bridgewater is better than Brees, but it just feels like everyone put their best foot forward. It also seems like we had a ton of less penalties as a team when he was the starter.
Don’t get this. Beat bad Chicago, bad Jax, mediocre Cowboys, bad Buccaneers. In most of the games had one offensive TD. I think our expectations were muted with Teddy so we think they played better.

With Bridgewater at QB, the Saints‘ coaches and CSP almost felt like they were “forced” to rely on the run game, the short pass game, the defense, and special teams.
Once Drew came back, they were almost like, “OK, Brees is back... relax.”
This is kinda what I said a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was on point with Bridgewater. Our D was on point, since Brees has come back we've kinda let up.

This is kinda what I said a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was on point with Bridgewater. Our D was on point, since Brees has come back we've kinda let up.

Injuries have played a role, as has the amount of penalties the team has accumulated. Peat and Latt both went down after the BYE, and now Line and Armstead are banged up.

I think they have to get Murray involved much more often.

Don’t get this. Beat bad Chicago, bad Jax, mediocre Cowboys, bad Buccaneers. In most of the games had one offensive TD. I think our expectations were muted with Teddy so we think they played better.

Don’t forget about beating the team that could potentially be the number 1 seed in their house. I’m not here to debate Teddy vs Drew as there is no debate, but there’s also no debate about everyone from top to bottom stepped up their game with Drew out. Since he’s came back we are still very good, and much better at QB. However, the rest of the team definitely hasn’t had the same focus and attention to detail.

The Saints played mistake free football with Teddy. Not only in the turnover department but also penalties. That was an enormous difference.

Shouldn’t it have been fixed after the Chicago game 8 weeks ago when they recovered 2 themselves (one was reversed because the Bear player was out of bounds)?
At the time that seemed somewhat fluky. After the Atlanta game it became very apparent it was not.

Also, if the Saints offense is scoring points, don't be surprised if we see a "surprise" onside kick this week. I'd certainly test it out if I was an opposing coach.

Also, if the Saints offense is scoring points, don't be surprised if we see a "surprise" onside kick this week. I'd certainly test it out if I was an opposing coach.
If Ginn and Cook can catch the ball while standing in endzone... Yes lol

We are starting to see good teams separate themselves, SF, Baltimore and Seattle all running the ball with INCREDIBLE blocking downfield. Everyone blocks.

We are starting to see good teams separate themselves, SF, Baltimore and Seattle all running the ball with INCREDIBLE blocking downfield. Everyone blocks.

Great observation. You are exactly right.

True.

The Saints-Patriots Super Bowl going to be crazy though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom