Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” (1 Viewer)

The play calling was very, very poor. I insisted time and time again that I don't think Brees' arm was the problem today. His throws had zip, he missed a few (which I attribute to no preseason), and he missed some more under pressure. He nailed Cook in the facemask on a 35 yard deep route. SP called a lot of behind the line plays and didn't get away from it much even when it never worked. I think we're fine going forward. We will get better.

He was calling plays like a high school coach the first few drives in the 3rd quarter.
Tampa Bay can't be too happy with that gadget play after the game was well in hand.
But frankly, the Saints didn't get a chance to try that play in a preseason game. I looked like Sean was trying to see if some of the new plays he devised during the offseason would actually work in a real game.

Can't say total team win that means all 3 phases ....Defense and special teams won this one not sure how we are getting confused here lol...Offense, Drew, playcalling and oline play needs to step it up going forward Payton and Brees will tell you that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom