Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” (1 Viewer)

1. Play calling
2. Oline
3. Drew
Very bad today. In that order.

Tampa front 7 as good as any in league today. They are legit. And Bowles was dialing up pressure seemed like 75% of time.

Game 1 with no preseason and our D shines? I'll take it. Offense will fid its groove

Tampa front 7 as good as any in league today. They are legit. And Bowles was dialing up pressure seemed like 75% of time.

Game 1 with no preseason and our D shines? I'll take it. Offense will fid its groove

All he did was copy Min game plan, we are going to see this over and over until we counter punch

Here's what's good about it all tho. We won the game b/c the defense took care of business and ST helped. Years ago, heck even some last year, had our offense struggled this bad that would not have happened so that is so promising for us.

Can't say total team win that means all 3 phases ....Defense and special teams won this one not sure how we are getting confused here lol...Offense, Drew, playcalling and oline play needs to step it up going forward Payton and Brees will tell you that
Defense also left the Bucs in the game with all of the penalties, as usual.

My biggest issues with the offensive play calling today:

1. Forced the ball to Kamara way too much..and in obvious situations. IMO they should let Murray be the work horse and once they get inside the 20 THEN let Kamara handle it because he definitely has a nose for the endzone. Late in the game today Murray was averaging something like 4.3 yards a carry to Kamara's 1.7. It's like Payton learned nothing from that loss to the Vikings last year. I think it was the 4th quarter...Murray took the ball on 1st down for 5 years. Then it was pass....pass....

2. I have never been a fan of the scripted plays. I have no idea if they did that today but I am assuming they did since it is Payton's MO. It's like they have to get those plays out of the way first...before the offense comes alive.

Other than that it is hard to complain about too much without a real offseason. They pulled out an opening day win and that is always a good thing.

He’s exactly right. And it doesn’t matter. We won! Glad he recognizes it.

Who dat!

Big Whup him SAYING that.

He's been saying since he got to New Orleans that he "knows the value of having a good running game".

KNOWING and DOING are two different things.

Stop TALKING about it and start DOING it!

Defense also left the Bucs in the game with all of the penalties, as usual.

The play that gave the Bucs life was a coaching flaw , the ridiculous corner blitz Dennis called that left Evans one on one downfield with a safety.....Dennis is gonna Dennis lol. Overall defense played great can't point fingers at that unit at all

Honestly I’m glad he said it. Don’t even think Drew passed beyond the line of scrimmage the whole first quarter

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom