Payton Admits Adding a Pass Rusher is "A Must" (1 Viewer)

The Texans have the perfect 3 headed monster ... We need 2 more to play the Clowney and Mercilus roles.

Like you can go pick them up at Winn-Dixie.
:hihi:

It's hard to fathom how talented those 3 are. If you don't have a good OL and chippers, your QB is going to eat turf.

Like you can go pick them up at Winn-Dixie.
:hihi:

It's hard to fathom how talented those 3 are. If you don't have a good OL and chippers, your QB is going to eat turf.

I'm not talking about talent. I'm talking about the roles they play on that defense. We need a RE and a guy that can line up all over and create pressure. I don't think that's farfetched at all....

I'm not talking about talent. I'm talking about the roles they play on that defense. We need a RE and a guy that can line up all over and create pressure. I don't think that's farfetched at all....

Someone who can mess up a protection scheme based on where he lines up. That's not a unicorn-type player. They're out there, we just have to find one. (And have him actually play. It seems lately like we could sign God Himself and He'd wreck His Almighty Knee two weeks into training camp.)

Someone who can mess up a protection scheme based on where he lines up. That's not a unicorn-type player. They're out there, we just have to find one. (And have him actually play. It seems lately like we could sign God Himself and He'd wreck His Almighty Knee two weeks into training camp.)

Dont'a Hightower and Thomas/Barnett would do the trick, but I don't think Hightower is leaving New England. I think Tyus Bowser and Takkarist McKinley have that kind of potential. Maybe Jordan Willis.

Who are some more guys in this draft that could potentially move around and rush?

Edit: We tried to make Kikaha that guy his rookie year before moving him to WDE.

I think we need 2 pass rushers.

1. A full time RE who can rush the passer (Clowney/Thomas/Barnett)
2. A pass rusher who can line up at DE or LB and rush (Mercilus/Bowser)

The Texans have the perfect 3 headed monster that we should be trying to emulate. We already have our JJ Watt in Cam Jordan. We need 2 more to play the Clowney and Mercilus roles.
Last time we tried to follow another teams blueprint and chase players, we signed Byrd when we wanted to create a Seattle type defense.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last time we tried to follow another teams blueprint and chase players, we signed Byrd when we wanted to create a Seattle type defense.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This isn't a scheme or anything like that. We need a RE. Everybody knows that. Payton said we needed to add a couple of pass rushers. So if one of those is a RE, we will likely still be looking for at least one more. I don't see anything wrong with adding someone with some versatility instead of just another pure RE. At least someone with the potential to do more than play the same position as the other guy. Then it becomes one or the other instead of having the possibility of playing both guys together.

I'm rambling but y'all get what I'm saying..

This isn't some crazy idea. Many different teams with different schemes have a pass rusher that can move around and rush from different spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom