Payton and Gruden fined $100k for not wearing masks; organizations fined $250k (1 Viewer)

Oh I'm sure it goes to charity. Then the NFL can show a bottom line each year of what they gave to charity... Without actually having to give to charity.
A Tax deduction donation of their choice that could possible be a subsidiary of NFL.

That totally would be the NFL.

Freaking stupid. There's no science behind the idea that a guy standing outside (or in a massive enclosed stadium for that matter) only by the people he interacts with everyday anyway is putting anyone at risk. It's not like this is a public place where he's standing by strangers. It's not the NFL's job to dive into mask politics if that's the motivation here.

This would make more sense if fans were in the stadium, but these guys have all been tested constantly. This is such an obvious money grab, and I hope they at least donate the fines to some Covid-related charity.

Question though: What if the local rules were masks didn't have to be worn? Would NFL still fine them or let them be like how they are letting cities determine how many fans are allowed.

Rules are rules, like them or not. The league was clear in their memo last week that clearly stated fines would be levied. Nobody should be shocked that it happened.

Just Goodell wielding his power, showing who's boss. A prime example of his arrogance and why he is so hated

He disgusts me. I'm sure CSP is full of love for him today.

This is a microcosm of the world we live in. Makes no sense and all for show. Cudos to the coaches. Notice that Goodell waited until our game started to announce the fines on the coaches on the Sunday games. He knew CSP wasn't going to wear his and Goodell wanted to stick it to Payton. BTW, Gruden wore his most of the game. Not fair to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom