Payton and Matt Jones (1 Viewer)

saintpack

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think that would have been an excellent matchup. What y'all think?

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think SP could've gotten more out of Matt Jones than Carl Smith and Dirk Koetter did for the Jaguars. And yes, in case your wondering, it's that Carl Smith. He inexplicably found another OC job after the Saints.

But Jones' biggest problem was off the field stuff.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think SP could've gotten more out of Matt Jones than Carl Smith and Dirk Koetter did for the Jaguars. And yes, in case your wondering, it's that Carl Smith. He inexplicably found another OC job after the Saints.

But Jones' biggest problem was off the field stuff.
not that drafting a guy in the first round to play a different position was all that smart. So there is plenty of blame to go around. But yes, that Carl Smith is enough said.

mans I am pretty sure that off the field stuff was documented while he was still at Ark so homework just wasn’t done on this pick on any front. 6-6. I think that is the only number that went into the process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fleur-de-Links, August 7: Sean Payton happy with Jameis Winston and two players added to reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Sean Payton on Brees, Winston, and Protective Gear Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Fleur-de-Links, August 6: Sean Payton speaks on coaches opting out of the 2020 season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No Saints coaches have chosen to opt out, Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints QB Drew Brees may be 41, but his downfield numbers are 'still strong,' Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton: Hotel during training camp all about ‘trying to reduce possible exposures’ Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton embraces bunker mentality for Saints seeking Super Bowl amid pandemic challenges Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Sean Payton: Saints are planning 'sequester' before Week 1 SR News Page Articles 0
Saintsphere [Merged] Sean Payton is creating a "sort of" bubble for the team Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 25
Andrus Saints' Sean Payton: More 'live' football planned this preseason SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Sean Payton: Call it whatever, 2020 preseason isn't training camp SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette New Orleans Saints Coach Sean Payton adjusts to unprecedented preparation SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton says he won't be surprised to see games affected by COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints’ Payton: More ‘live’ football planned this preseason SR News Page Articles 0
Sean Payton: “It’s the antithesis of training camp” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
For Sean Payton, this isn't training camp. This preseason is the 'antithesis' of training camp. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton won’t be surprised if some games are suspended Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Matt Ryan hopes to still be going strong at 43 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bayouboy Alex Jones Everything Else Board 23
jasonsw Saints Maurice Jones-Drew gives Saints much love on his top 10 list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10