Payton and players using their platform for good (1 Viewer)

The Saints have two of the most outspoken players in the league regarding social justice issues in Damario Davis and Malcolm Jenkins. I think it speaks to the maturity and leadership of Payton and ownership to bring Jenkins back after Kaepernick's protests. Cam Jordan has also been very active. Ben Watson was a very active player in addressing social justice, but does so in a way that has appealed to conservative listeners and audience conducive to Brees. Brees is obviously not a player that would consider kneeling. He is very pro military. There is a religious connection between Brees, Watson, and Davis. Each of these players is a leader in his own way. Political wormhole aside. I am proud as a Saints fan that this group of people can each express views that may not fit in the same box in a partisan two party talking points box, but speak to aid community and social change in each their own ways to bring people together. Brees may never do the same actions of Davis or Jenkins, but the man has done different paths like meals during Covid in New Orleans that go above and beyond. These kinds of things make me proud to be a Saints fan and gives me hope unity and working together across the divisions a lot of media tries to build in people for ratings can be on prominent display on at least one form of media. At the end these are all millionaires and we all have our real lives and people we know but I appreciate players that use their platform to make the world a better place. Peace.

Add Emanuel Sanders to this list of players who like Jenkins the Saints have signed after Kaepernick's protests of players who have taken a knee and are brought into be leaders on this team. There are a lot of outstanding leaders on this team.

Been seeing allot of talk on Twitter bashing DB because he has yet to speak out. Why? Will all be well again in the world if he does? Maybe he took the time to address his children first as a good father should.
The last time he made a comment about his religious faith, a local reporter accused him of hating homosexuals.
Most of the thrash talk against DB comes from a local sports show host that has NO credibility.
The recent events are a touchy subject but bashing DB is nothing but pandering to the masses.

the only time people say "shut up and football" or "she should stick to movies" about a famous person is when they don't agree with them....

as soon as a celeb says something they agree with, they run and post it on their facebook page
B 10 l 6815
Been seeing allot of talk on Twitter bashing DB because he has yet to speak out. Why? Will all be well again in the world if he does? Maybe he took the time to address his children first as a good father should.
The last time he made a comment about his religious faith, a local reporter accused him of hating homosexuals.
Most of the thrash talk against DB comes from a local sports show host that has NO credibility.
The recent events are a touchy subject but bashing DB is nothing but pandering to the masses.
I have seen some people who had spoken out and was criticized for saying the "wrong thing". A sensitive topic that even one simple word will be taken out of content and their careers and livelihood is broken. These days, forget that. If this man choose not to say anything, that is his business. I seriously hate the media these days. If I can destroy social media, I would. The only social media platform I have is Facebook. Facebook use to be a place where I can connect with families and friends and post pictures and update my profile. Now I refused to even post one picture or post any personal feelings toward any subject. Too much drama just to get a reactions.

Russian trolls
Please don't trot in the lame Russian excuses.

This is an American problem decades and centuries in duration, still not solved.

I'll quote James Baldwin:

'When the South has trouble with its Negroes -- when the Negroes refuse to remain in their 'place' -- it blames 'outside agitators' and 'Northern interference.' When the nation has trouble with the Northern Negro, it blames the Kremlin''

Please don't trot in the lame Russian excuses.

This is an American problem decades and centuries in duration, still not solved.

I'll quote James Baldwin:

'When the South has trouble with its Negroes -- when the Negroes refuse to remain in their 'place' -- it blames 'outside agitators' and 'Northern interference.' When the nation has trouble with the Northern Negro, it blames the Kremlin''
Decades old ok. Like I have said before. Picking at the scab will never fix the issue. Race hustlers and the democrat party need people to be victims and that narrative. But crime stats are what they are

B 10 l 6815

I have seen some people who had spoken out and was criticized for saying the "wrong thing". A sensitive topic that even one simple word will be taken out of content and their careers and livelihood is broken. These days, forget that. If this man choose not to say anything, that is his business. I seriously hate the media these days. If I can destroy social media, I would. The only social media platform I have is Facebook. Facebook use to be a place where I can connect with families and friends and post pictures and update my profile. Now I refused to even post one picture or post any personal feelings toward any subject. Too much drama just to get a reactions.
And my quote was right before the Brees/Thomas thread that was created. That's my point right there

it's not
OP did not advocate for any political position
he highlighted players and coaches who are talking a socially responsible position
the police are not a political entity anymore than firefighters
unless you are saying that "don't kill black people" is a political message
i hope you're not saying that
You still believe it wasn’t political. You must believe in fairy tales.

just repeating it doesn't make it so
politics does not mean 'difficult topics i want refuge from'
what we see on the street is the result of NOT talking about difficult things

Ms Gayle made a statement - she owns the saints
SP made a statement - he coaches the saints
many players have made statements - they play for the saints
this is a forum that discusses the Saints
ipso facto...
I wish I could live in fantasyland also.

Says the guy who had to reach back 5 years to find an article that shows a white person being murdered by the police,

I wanna thank Superfan for shining a spotlight on something I missed! Not ONLY did he reiterate that if the police kill white people, justice will be swift and when black people are killed by the police, it takes rioting to see the officers arrestedonly to be acquitted. He now has pointed out that it happens far too often to black people.

Join Superfan in showing that Black Lives Matter!
So because the biased media doesn’t report something it doesn’t happen. Ok. You’re post gave me a headache and I thank you because now I can get off this board and sleep.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom