Payton and players using their platform for good (1 Viewer)

it's not
OP did not advocate for any political position
he highlighted players and coaches who are talking a socially responsible position
the police are not a political entity anymore than firefighters
unless you are saying that "don't kill black people" is a political message
i hope you're not saying that
It is and quite frankly shouldn't be on this board but I am not a moderator. Sports used to bring us together. The daytime protests have been peaceful and needed but the nighttime looting and violence are totally counterproductive.

i hope it does - just did a google search and did not find anything
went on r/LasVegas and saw nothing there either
The only thing making the news over here is police getting shot or them shooting people.
It seems the only way to make the news nowadays is to blast things on social media and I am in no position to throw that out there without their permission.
This is my place of comfort, so I always feel comfortable venting on this site.

It is and quite frankly shouldn't be on this board
just repeating it doesn't make it so
politics does not mean 'difficult topics i want refuge from'
what we see on the street is the result of NOT talking about difficult things

Ms Gayle made a statement - she owns the saints
SP made a statement - he coaches the saints
many players have made statements - they play for the saints
this is a forum that discusses the Saints
ipso facto...

Exactly! Shawn Peyton needs to focus on coachin' footbaw and not telling me how to feel about the murder of black dudes or ending racism (fake news) or equality (already exist) or how to vote in ocktober. He should be watching film on how to create more mismatches against a cover-2, amirite?
You're a tard.

The Saints have two of the most outspoken players in the league regarding social justice issues in Damario Davis and Malcolm Jenkins. I think it speaks to the maturity and leadership of Payton and ownership to bring Jenkins back after Kaepernick's protests. Cam Jordan has also been very active. Ben Watson was a very active player in addressing social justice, but does so in a way that has appealed to conservative listeners and audience conducive to Brees. Brees is obviously not a player that would consider kneeling. He is very pro military. There is a religious connection between Brees, Watson, and Davis. Each of these players is a leader in his own way. Political wormhole aside. I am proud as a Saints fan that this group of people can each express views that may not fit in the same box in a partisan two party talking points box, but speak to aid community and social change in each their own ways to bring people together. Brees may never do the same actions of Davis or Jenkins, but the man has done different paths like meals during Covid in New Orleans that go above and beyond. These kinds of things make me proud to be a Saints fan and gives me hope unity and working together across the divisions a lot of media tries to build in people for ratings can be on prominent display on at least one form of media. At the end these are all millionaires and we all have our real lives and people we know but I appreciate players that use their platform to make the world a better place. Peace.

Brees is obviously not a player that would consider kneeling. He is very pro military.

Kaepernick's kneeling was never about the military. He only went to kneeling rather than sitting on the bench after conferring in good faith with a Green Beret who thought kneeling was more respectful.

Not trying to start an argument when there are enough already. Peace brother.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom