payton and romo (1 Viewer)

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I've been thinking for a while and have decided part of the reason Romo is so good is because coaches have such little film of him. Anyone think we have a HUGE advantage over Romo after payton has coached him for a while. Payton probably knows his tendencies and such.

joe87

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Good point. Payton probably knows him better than any coach.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I talked to my brother today (who is in Houston) and we were discussing Romo... Romo did an interview recently and said that he owes his success to Payton... so I'd say SP knows Romo's tendencies... but lets get by San Fran before we start discussing Dallas... I think we are gonna smoke SF, but this game has "trap" written all over it.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sure, that's part of the reason...but the guy really has played well. Don't take that away from him.

ThibodauxSaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Payton is a quarterback coach by trade so I have no doubt that Romo's success has a lot to do with Payton. Romo reminds me a lot of a young Brett Farve.

Lee Newell

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Well, let's not look to Dallas yet. We have a very gritty SF team coming in here next week. Make no mistake, this game will not be a cakewalk. They are fighting for their play-off lives after losing today to the Lambs.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The defense for ROMO is to keep him in the pocket and don't let him get comfortable. I think you have to treat him like a running QB even though he is not one. Romo likes to get out of the pocket which buys time for thier receivers to break open. Keep him in a collapsing pocket and see if you can get him to focus on the rush and not the receivers.

My thought right now is to man up on TO and Glenn, bring 4-5 on the line and make Romo connect on quick passes. "Safeties, just don't let them get behind you".

OP
JOElittleBIGhorn

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree the 49ers are the most important task now. I wasn't trying to look too far ahead, I was just thinking about it and decided Payton could give us the upper hand in a close game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cue180 Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 24
Saints, Sean Payton reportedly fined $350K total for failure to wear face coverings on sideline Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Gruden, Payton fined for mask negligence Saints RSS News Feeds 0
NFL fines Jon Gruden, Sean Payton for not wearing masks Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere Payton and Gruden fined $100k for not wearing masks; organizations fined $250k Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
This is How Sean Payton's Teams Start - Unexplainable No Show Losses- In Great Seasons Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Sean Payton: Saints’ offense is “average at best” Saints RSS News Feeds 0
'It was ugly.' Here's what Brees, Payton, Kamara had to say after Saints' loss to Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame on Saints Loss to Raiders in Week 2 | 2020 NFL SR News Page Articles 0
Saints Payton post game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
How Sean Payton's career was shaped by mentors Jon Gruden, Bill Parcells Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No sleep, all football: How Sean Payton got his foot in the NFL door thanks to Jon Gruden Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Talks Offensive Strategy, Week 2 prep | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Payton hasn't ruled out MT13 against the Raiders Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
Payton refuses comment on Thomas injury, cites strength of special teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ndcc Saints Nick Wright torches Sean Payton in this vid (...calls him a jerk) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 68
Saintsphere Payton on Davenport Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Andrus Sean Payton Postgame Interview after Saints Win vs. Buccaneers | Week 1 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Analysis What would you whisper in Payton's ear after week 1 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 70
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Drew Brees and Sean Payton's 'unbelievable journey' now entering its 15th season Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3