Payton conference call today. (1 Viewer)

I think you’re correct that Warford isn’t the only one.

But yeah, they’re definitely unhappy with Warford. I believe it was Nick who said on a podcast that he came into camp overweight last year and he never quite seemed himself.

The fact they paid Peat as much as they did tells you who they felt the problem was. $ talks.
The other clue with him is, we have made moves with pretty much everyone we can to open up significant cap space...except for Warford.

You don't defer a cap hit to future years if you don't have a positive conviction on a player.

The other clue with him is, we have made moves with pretty much everyone we can to open up significant cap space...except for Warford.

You don't defer a cap hit to future years if you don't have a positive conviction on a player.

Another great point.

Other teams have gotten into trouble by restructuring guys, then cutting them (Dolphins with Tannehill, Jones and Suh).

That’s why it drives me a little crazy when people say “the salary cap is a myth.” It’s not. Loomis does a fantastic job moving money around, but you have to do it with the right players and the bill still always comes due. Even if it’s years down the line when the % of the cap hit is smaller because the cap rises.

The more I read about this, I just don’t think we’re interested in drafting Love. Holder pretty much said he asked around and there wasn’t much interest. Then we hear Payton wasn’t even on the call with him (and Payton usually gets very involved with QBs). Seems like more evaluation for if he plays for an opponent.

This is actually not a surprise but I do not think it is an indication of anything whatsoever. A lot of it depends on what they needed from Love. Is Love talking to Jeff? Is Love talking with a position coach? That sort of thing. Sean is not always on every call or in every meeting (in a normal year) and the Saints have still taken prospects.

Sounds like that means no Willie Gay Jr. and a no on guys who have serious injury concerns. Curious what that means vis-a-vis Tua.

If Tua falls to #24, he will be the pick. Keep in mind, there are prospects the team has already met with and evaluated from a medical standpoint. You will also have medical information shared across the league, not just by Tua's doctors. But I feel pretty comfortable saying that the Saints would not rule Tua out. Same with Love though he has no character or injury concerns. In other words, the Saints are not out of the QB market and it will just depend on how things play out.
Sounds like we will be prioritizing interior OL, LB, CBs and WRs in the draft (no surprises, but interesting to hear him say it).

Sean is usually candid about what the team’s needs. Now he can play and fast and loose at times but usually in how he words things or chooses not to say.

This is actually not a surprise but I do not think it is an indication of anything whatsoever. A lot of it depends on what they needed from Love. Is Love talking to Jeff? Is Love talking with a position coach? That sort of thing. Sean is not always on every call or in every meeting (in a normal year) and the Saints have still taken prospects.

If Tua falls to #24, he will be the pick. Keep in mind, there are prospects the team has already met with and evaluated from a medical standpoint. You will also have medical information shared across the league, not just by Tua's doctors. But I feel pretty comfortable saying that the Saints would not rule Tua out. Same with Love though he has no character or injury concerns. In other words, the Saints are not out of the QB market and it will just depend on how things play out.

Sean is usually candid about what the team’s needs. Now he can play and fast and loose at times but usually in how he words things or chooses not to say.
Tua has 0% chance of falling to 24

Draft at Dixie Brewery.

This franchise could literally not be any cooler.

That is so bad arse right there.

Only thing better would be broadcasting from Port Orleans brewery.

Zach was on WWL Monday. I think it’s today that they are starting this but they’re bringing in out of work chefs to cook for medical workers at Port Orleans. Funded by former Saints players. Right now it’s former OL. He said he’d reach out to other position groups to keep it going but the first run brought in over 10k.

Draft at Dixie Brewery.

This franchise could literally not be any cooler.

That is so bad arse right there.

Only thing better would be broadcasting from Port Orleans brewery.
Hope they have armed protection with them. Not the best area TBH.

Believe what you want but I think Payton just got caught off guard and said the truth. I’ve personally never thought there was any way in hell he is doing it again after this year.

Vertical

That’s why it drives me a little crazy when people say “the salary cap is a myth.” .

That’s inherently what makes it a myth. If a GM moves the money in the right way down the line, the cap'll continue to grow and grow each year, making that hit that much smaller.

That’s inherently what makes it a myth. If a GM moves the money in the right way down the line, the cap'll continue to grow and grow each year, making that hit that much smaller.

It still puts them at a disadvantage in whatever year the money hits.

Yes, the advantage is slightly less because the cap goes up. But it’s not a myth. It still hits and it is still money the team can’t spent that another team can.

Another great point.

Other teams have gotten into trouble by restructuring guys, then cutting them (Dolphins with Tannehill, Jones and Suh).

That’s why it drives me a little crazy when people say “the salary cap is a myth.” It’s not. Loomis does a fantastic job moving money around, but you have to do it with the right players and the bill still always comes due. Even if it’s years down the line when the % of the cap hit is smaller because the cap rises.
When they say it i think they mean in the way LSU means “it never rains in tiger stadium”. Not that it doesn’t actually rain but if you look at the crowd enjoying themselves and celebrating the Tigers kicking arse, you wouldn’t know it was raining. Similarly, the way Loomis keeps signing and signing regardless of how little capspace we are told there is because he knows how to finagle it, makes it SEEM as there is no cap, at least thats how I mean it when I say there is no cap.

That was not the point. Eman5805 wanted to know what disposition the Saints might have toward Tua. Tua is not off our board—that was my point.
I'll never understand why ppl ignore what you say but will takr swimmers random coach as gospel smh

I think it's not just about Warford, but about our depth. Nick Easton barely played last year--was barely even active--and yet counts around $5 million on the cap. If you can add a rookie you can trust, it would be easy to part with Easton.
Didn’t Easton start like 6 games last season when peat went out?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom