Payton could learn from Coach O’s example (1 Viewer)

I was very surprised and encouraged at Payton's playcalling, scheming and adjustments during Bridgewater's 5 games. I had hoped he would continue with this sort of philosophy when Brees returned. Our result was it worked or didn't in the last part of the season.

I was very surprised and encouraged at Payton's playcalling, scheming and adjustments during Bridgewater's 5 games. I had hoped he would continue with this sort of philosophy when Brees returned. Our result was it worked or didn't in the last part of the season.

I really don’t think he changed it. I think he gives his QBs the ability to adjust accordingly. Teddy just seemed to stay with the play call more. That’s just my opinion.

Yeah.. based on his track record, I would say Payton needs to keep doing what he's doing on offense. There is a pretty solid case for him being the greatest offensive mind for over a decade in the NFL. If you can't appreciate that then nothing will satisfy you.

Not everyone can be Coach O.

I love ❤️ Coach O.

But every time I see him, I laugh thinking about him in that hilarious movie, “The Blind Side.”

Coach O came into Sandra Bullock’s home, to interview Michael Oher for a scholarship to Old Miss. Sandra Bullock was complaining to Coach O that one of the other college coaches took Michael Oher to “a tittie bar”.......and Coach O replied, “nooooooooooo”. ???

Oh of course it’s situational- they’re just always huge situations that change the course of a season. Most concerning is the inability to learn from mistakes or admit a game plan isn’t working. We’ve seen teams capitalize on that again and again.
I agree.

Do we know how much Drew Brees audibles out of plays?
Id like to know the Stats on that too but when we see those games like last weekend there is also from tge get go out of the huddle a lot of empty backfield serfs and very little play action.

Do you think from an empty or one back set Drew is going to audible to a run?

Just watched SF go down the field on Minny. The entire drive on the ground. Thing of beauty.

And even this last loss... the one that's got everyone all twisted up. We were down 20 to 10 in the 4th quarter and that offense, which struggled all day, figured things out and found a way to tie it up and send it to overtime. A fumble by Drew, a false start on a fake punt that would've been a first down, a missed FG before half by Lutz who is usually money from 43 yards, especially in the dome... There's a LOT of reasons we didn't win and advance. And yes, the offense struggled, but I'm not sure it was the game plan or play calling. You can blame our OL, Drew, or even our skill players for not executing, at least that's where I would start. But honestly, I'm leaning more towards the Vikings defense playing one of their best games of the season.

Not sure if you watch/listen to revdeucewindham and his youtube podcast where he breaks down the games and previews upcoming games... but before the playoff game he said "this is what Minnesota needs to do to win" and "this is what the Saints need to do to win" and Minn did exactly what he said they needed to do, and the Saints... did the opposite. Its almost like the Saints didn't gameplan at all and just decided to do whatever they felt like.

Maybe that is hubris, who knows.

You'd think if some guy that does this on his own time on a youtube channel, that isn't part of the organization, can identify strengths/weaknesses of both teams, and correctly call what each team should do/not do.. you'd THINK the Saints would be able to do that as well... apparently not. :covri:

Not sure if you watch/listen to revdeucewindham and his youtube podcast where he breaks down the games and previews upcoming games... but before the playoff game he said "this is what Minnesota needs to do to win" and "this is what the Saints need to do to win" and Minn did exactly what he said they needed to do, and the Saints... did the opposite. Its almost like the Saints didn't gameplan at all and just decided to do whatever they felt like.

Maybe that is hubris, who knows.

You'd think if some guy that does this on his own time on a youtube channel, that isn't part of the organization, can identify strengths/weaknesses of both teams, and correctly call what each team should do/not do.. you'd THINK the Saints would be able to do that as well... apparently not. :covri:

Yes, I've been with Deuce and Ellias since the beginning. Calling Deuce simply a "guy who does this on his own time on a youtube channel" is a little misleading. He's also a national Saints beat writer, a scout, and one of the more knowledgeable football guys you're going to come across.

I'm fairly certain that the Saints knew what they had to do in that game. Probably even tried. But when players don't execute, it really don't matter what your gameplan is. If OL can't block DL, everything goes to shirt.

O is/was a defensive line coach and a recruiter.
Payton has forgotten more about offensive football than O has ever known.
This thread is a joke.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom