Payton couldn't draw up a better gameplan against the Seahawks. (1 Viewer)

I think Ingram is at his best when he is being challenged for snaps. Split the load with Ingram and Hightower. It worked when we had Khiry or Ivory stealing snaps from him.

This is a good gameplay against any team being balanced and running the ball, its winning time of possession and keeping the defense off the field. He just needs to stick to it no matter if its 3 ypc or 5 ypc. All in All good job and no turnovers besides the one fumble.

While I liked the gameplan, we easily left two touchdowns on the board just by refusing to mix up. We ran Hightower on 3 consecutive dives before half and after half, it was predictable on the goal line, luckily our defense held cause either of those lack of TD's could have cost us this game. Good team win regardless.

Yeh that was frustrating to watch. Coach has a tendency to do that on the goal line. I think that he out-thinks himself at times.

I really hope they stick with the toss sweeps to the left side, peat and armstead are athletic and seem to get to the second level well. also more draws out of the shotgun...

Without a good run game Saints would have lost against the Hawks. If Ingram would hve continued to play in game Saints would have lost. I will ride Hightower for the whole season. Donnt stop what is working. You hve found the formula...Ride it.

Well yea, Payton should stick with the hot hand if SF can't stop a 50/50 offense. But, Ingram's still the no 1 RB, so no doubt he will start. If Ingram runs well, I believe Hightower will still get a few carries. Maybe Lasco will also get a handful of carries.

I really hope they stick with the toss sweeps to the left side, peat and armstead are athletic and seem to get to the second level well. also more draws out of the shotgun...

Yes, agree. Also a few more plays out of the I with Kuhn or Hill at FB. Even Hightower or Lasco could play FB and make the offense cover the entire field.

Payton couldn't draw up a better gameplan against the Seahawks.

Well except for Short Yardage situations - esp near the goal line!

SP sure makes things hard for himself and the Saints in those situations!

But other than that...

I was AMAZED that SP kept up with the run!

Esp against the SeaChickens!

Showed LOTS of Patience!

A++ for SP in this game even with the ineptness at the goal line!

It was a good game plan and props for being patient and sticking to it when they got down 14-3.

When you want a better run game and a bit more attention to it and to use it enough to keep it well oiled, it's because of games like this. You need other tools in your toolkit than trowing the ball 50 times a game to be able to diversify the attack and keep opponents on their heels. Nobody wants to be 3 yards and a cloud of dust but you should keep the defense respecting the run to get the most out of your offense overall.

Balance of ways to win gets you way farther than being one dimensional even if you are the best there is at that one dimension.

Funny you got 6 of 6 Green Thumbs!

I sorta think that if you had said the exact same thing after a Saints loss, you'd have 33 of 34 Red Thumbs. (With me giving you the lone Green Thumb.)

Run SP RUN to VICTORY!

(Well in a 60/40 kinda way...) (60% passing, of course.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom