Payton delayed trip home in order to review game film (1 Viewer)

If it wasn't for the virus, I would say they were staying because it's Vegas.
Yeah I wanted to delay a flight back from Vegas once but couldn’t. So I jusr boarded with pupils the size of basketballs

He kills me when he abandons the run. I was always taught that 3 things can happen on a pass play and 2 of them are bad.
But what about when you are used to making the good thing happen 75-80% of the time? I hate that kind of philosophy.

Drew isn’t in his usual form, but he is getting too much blame, pretty sure he wasn’t responsible for covering a practice squad TE that torched us for over 100 yards and a dozen catches.

The media might be our friend here.
You know Drew's been hearing he's old
all week long. Something tells me he's chomping at the bit for this next game.
......and I'll bet he's looking forward to cracking old timer jokes at the winning press conference.
Every player has off weeks....we had about 20 of them last week.
Yes, I know Brees is getting up there but the team and staff failed as a whole in Vegas.

I’d love to see out writers do a piece on Drew Brees...where’s Nick Underhill these days? Not going to happen...because the truth hurts

I think that the deafening silence from our beat writers is unfortunately all you need to know. By now Underhill typically puts out an “it’s not as bad as it looks” type article. It’s pretty as bad as it looks.

LMAO. Sammy you obviously have never read any of Underhill's post-game analysis after he has done a complete review of the all-22 videos. If you had, you would realize that he has been both critical and complimentary not only to Brees, but all the players on the team after he has reviewed all the videos. He is upfront and honest and calls it as he sees it whether good or bad.

He gives an extremely honest analysis. Come back after you have actually read his articles and done your own all-22 analysis. Until then, you just seem like somebody with an agenda.

Its not out of a realm of possibility to believe that an offense that is predicated on precise timing would be sloppy without a proper offseason and preseason. While I get we're in the regular season, I also expect football to look like the preseason for the first 4-6 weeks. These guys are all creatures of habit, they've all been disrupted. If we get to week 6 and all these issues are still glaring, then you hit the panic button.

LMAO. Sammy you obviously have never read any of Underhill's post-game analysis after he has done a complete review of the all-22 videos. If you had, you would realize that he has been both critical and complimentary not only to Brees, but all the players on the team after he has reviewed all the videos. He is upfront and honest and calls it as he sees it whether good or bad.

He gives an extremely honest analysis. Come back after you have actually read his articles and done your own all-22 analysis. Until then, you just seem like somebody with an agenda.

I hold my own bias based on my experiences...just like all of us.

Who is running open downfield to catch those deep 50yd passes everyone is clamoring for??

You saw it against Minny, no? Deonte Harris. Nine times out of ten, he's the fastest player on the field. Winston clearly has the arm strength to get it there, and while probably not quite as strong, Taysom does as well. Even then, they don't need to be caught, but there needs to be the threat of it and one deep shot ever two games isn't going to cut it. Or are we going to inexplicably deflect the blame for the lack of a deep ball on the defense, too?

Drew isn’t in his usual form, but he is getting too much blame, pretty sure he wasn’t responsible for covering a practice squad TE that torched us for over 100 yards and a dozen catches.

Too much blame? What does he have to do at this point to get any blame? Throwing balls into the dirt and trying to get your pseudo-#1 WR killed, all while going three and out for three quarters should warrant that. Also, I don't think Waller is a practice squad TE. If I'm not mistaken, he was second in nearly every statistic behind Kelce last season. Could be mixing that up, though.

So many are screaming for Taysom to take over and haven’t noticed how much he does his own version of a check down. You’ll likely be pulling your hair out watching him forgo a tight window 30yard gain an opt for running it himself for a hard four yards up the middle. I love Taysom, but I also think people are dressing up his limited qb moments.

The few DEEP balls I’ve seen him throw were all behind the receiver. That’s also likely due to timing. I assure you, we’ll be no happier watching him throw inaccurate bombs that stall drives than we are watching Drew’s last two games.

I’m honestly reserving my judgement on the entire team until October. History has proven that we typically come out of the gate sluggish.
The energy and vibe he brings is worth the try. Drew has become stale, peaked, and has become stagnant in his ability. And players and coaches know it. It becomes a mental thing.

Last edited:
Its not out of a realm of possibility to believe that an offense that is predicated on precise timing would be sloppy without a proper offseason and preseason. While I get we're in the regular season, I also expect football to look like the preseason for the first 4-6 weeks. These guys are all creatures of habit, they've all been disrupted. If we get to week 6 and all these issues are still glaring, then you hit the panic button.
I disagree with this 100%!!!

Here is why your statement makes no sense. How many total quarters has Brees and the first team typically played as a group in preseason? 3 quarters for the most part. They have had 8 quarters so far, of “preseason” mode, according to your logic!

It has nothing to do with precise timing being sloppy at this point, because they need 4-5 preseason games, to come together. The last time the Saints starting offense played 4-5 preseason games collectively as the #1 starting offensive unit, bully was a calf!

You saw it against Minny, no? Deonte Harris. Nine times out of ten, he's the fastest player on the field. Winston clearly has the arm strength to get it there, and while probably not quite as strong, Taysom does as well. Even then, they don't need to be caught, but there needs to be the threat of it and one deep shot ever two games isn't going to cut it. Or are we going to inexplicably deflect the blame for the lack of a deep ball on the defense, too?

Too much blame? What does he have to do at this point to get any blame? Throwing balls into the dirt and trying to get your pseudo-#1 WR killed, all while going three and out for three quarters should warrant that. Also, I don't think Waller is a practice squad TE. If I'm not mistaken, he was second in nearly every statistic behind Kelce last season. Could be mixing that up, though.
Raiders got Waller off of the Ravens practice squad....obviously he isn’t on the practice squad anymore. At least I think it’s obvious, I could be wrong.

who said drew doesn’t deserve some of the blame?

Got any links to his post-game analysis of the past 2 games?

ETA: https://neworleans.football/category/analysis/

(You need a subscription to read the articles...)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom