Payton denies reports regarding L.A. job (1 Viewer)

Florio gets involved

Sean Payton

Payton has resisted responding to the various rumors, many of which are planted by sources with an agenda to ambitious and/or desperate national reporters unwilling or unable to say, “Sorry, boss, I don’t have anything new today.”

Some will parse his words to suggest that Payton’s “plan” can change. Others will suggest that perhaps this is part of a dance between Payton and the Saints, with the coach trying to get the team to reduce its compensation expectations or to eventually sever ties, allowing him to go to a new team without the new team giving up anything to get him.

Chris Myers from Fox Sports was just on a local AM station here in Los Angeles. He did a report on the Rams HC search and he was asked about Sean Payton. According to Myers, the Saints asking price was way to high. The Rams asked the Saints what it would take to trade for SP and it was multiple starting players AND high draft picks. The Rams realized quickly that the price was too high. It looks like Jerry Jones is also advising the Rams on who to go after. He's high on the Rams bringing in a offense mind to develop the talent they have. Myers gave the impression that SP will remain in NO.

Just passing on what I heard on the radio today. :)

Chris Myers from Fox Sports was just on a local AM station here in Los Angeles. He did a report on the Rams HC search and he was asked about Sean Payton. According to Myers, the Saints asking price was way to high. The Rams asked the Saints what it would take to trade for SP and it was multiple starting players AND high draft picks. The Rams realized quickly that the price was too high. It looks like Jerry Jones is also advising the Rams on who to go after. He's high on the Rams bringing in a offense mind to develop the talent they have. Myers gave the impression that SP will remain in NO.

Just passing on what I heard on the radio today. :)

Not knocking you, but shows how bad the reporting is. You can't trade players for a head coach.

Not knocking you, but shows how bad the reporting is. You can't trade players for a head coach.

I wondered about that when he said that. I got the impression from the report that the Saints maybe didn't take the "offer" that seriously anyway.

I wondered about that when he said that. I got the impression from the report that the Saints maybe didn't take the "offer" that seriously anyway.

Whereas I got the impression this was simply layering more speculation on the original speculation, to attempt to add something 'new' to what Rapaport is already shovelling.

Florio gets involved

Sean Payton

Payton has resisted responding to the various rumors, many of which are planted by sources with an agenda too ambitious and/or desperate national reporters unwilling or unable to say, “Sorry, boss, I don’t have anything new today.”

85029793.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom