Payton denies reports regarding L.A. job (1 Viewer)

Just gonna re-post this from a different thread...

When Glazer or Schefter starts selling "Payton to ________" then I'll be concerned.

Until then, it's just a bunch of journalistic idiocy trying to get views.
New Orleans Saints expected to let Sean Payton explore options - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN

Ok, so Glazer seems to have acknowledged that a change is not out of the question for either party and it is dependent on more discussions.

So it's possible they discuss and Payton gets what he wants and then denies there was ever interest in a change.

X101l.gif

i don't have a problem with the channel being open last year. i have a problem with channels being open again this year. him having gone 7-9 2 straight years and putting serious thought into making a move elsewhere is completely logical behavior.

signing a massive extension and then doing it again the next year when the team seems to be on the upswing is not.

Holder is the new Duncan.
Last year testing the waters, even if it was just his agent and then plausibly deniable, I contrast with when he needed to get GW in here and Payton paid part of his salary out of his own pocket to make it happen.

That's passionate commitment.

If you are that passionate and committed I don't think Benson or Loomis have ever been stingy on the salary and it would have been easy enough to hammer out a deal if you are totally happy where you are.

If you are not totally happy and you are more focused on maximizing negotiations and payday so you test the waters seems we evolved to a different place than where we were.

Crappaport just now on the Network "Payton didn't deny anything".

BS

He's just defending his splash reporting.

There's always gonna be rumors. Consider the source and move on. IF he was interested in another team do we really think he would tell us. And IF he was looking to go somewhere why in the heck LA. That's a dumpster fire there. Denver is where I would go. Plus he has 9 million reasons to stay here.

In that article, Payton says the opposite of what you claim.
I claim that the way the business and the world works he actually didn't say anything about whether he (or his agent) had any kind of exploration of opportunities before signing the extension.

When you use phrases like decision "appeared" looming and the SF reporters have sources saying some level of compensation was explored, that wasn't denied in that article.

Payton is going nowhere. The Saints are not going to let him go without substantial compensation. And the Rams don't have the draft picks to offer as compensation. Were Payton without a job, he would be a major candidate for several openings. But he has a job, and other teams are not going to give the Saints much in the way of draft picks for Payton.

This is like what the networks were doing during the Presidential election. One station would put out a rumor then the others would repost it as fact.

Not happening, Sean is staying put. Just god please no more Greenbriar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom