Payton discusses possibility of Peat to LG (1 Viewer)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Payton&#39;s Monday Morning Conference Call (AUDIO) <a href="https://t.co/ZN3PkFU60k">https://t.co/ZN3PkFU60k</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash">#Saints</a> <a href="https://t.co/gdQSsGYaJO">pic.twitter.com/gdQSsGYaJO</a></p>&mdash; New Orleans Saints (@Saints) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saints/status/770263486039363584">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All the moving for one position to another is ridiculous. Jack of all trades master of none. Leave him in one spot and see if he can get comfortable and improve.

Splicing together tweets from both Underhill and Tripplet : #Saints coach Sean Payton talked about possibility of moving Andrus Peat to LG because they need to find spot to maximize what he does well. Clear they want him as an interior player but Payton doesn't believe Peat has played well at RG.

Payton also asked specifically about the Guard position and said that the players at that position need to play better. He thinks Peat will be a good player for a long time and is "fantastic to coach". Payton has reviewed the Pittsburgh film and is neither pleased with the pass rush nor the OL.

IMO Peat would be best on the left side. Let others fight it out at RG.
Underhill is the best Saints reporter but he just speculates about moving AP to LG . There is no indication that SP will move him to LG

Just seems to me, from the outside with zero real insight as I've not gone to a single training camp or whatever, but Peat probably wants to be on the left side more. He's more time at LT than anything I bet. He was one in college and such.

Probably does make sense to not let Lelito continue being so horrid. Pave the way for a trade or seeing what one of our UDFAs can do.

OMG Payton! Make up your mind

I have NEVER seen such a cluster brained approach by Sean in all his time coaching...Am I the only person who has heard or seen Sean literally say now 3 times that they are gonna finally settle on the following:
- we drafted him to be a tackle & we see him as a tackle
- we see him as an inside player & we plan to settle him in on the right side
- NOW on the left side?

Peat is a young kid & these Saints coaches are really screwing him up already...

It's about coaching & a vision as Payton would say??

Well, the vision isn't clear for Peat by evidence of the Oline shuffle

Its confusing what is going on ...sarcasm post

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using Tapatalk

I know I've been hard on coach as anyone, but after listening to the call, I am more optimistic that there will be some changes on the way, instead of sticking with the same players/lineup.

I have NEVER seen such a cluster brained approach by Sean in all his time coaching...Am I the only person who has heard or seen Sean literally say now 3 times that they are gonna finally settle on the following:
- we drafted him to be a tackle & we see him as a tackle
- we see him as an inside player & we plan to settle him in on the right side
- NOW on the left side?

Peat is a young kid & these Saints coaches are really screwing him up already...

It's about coaching & a vision as Payton would say??

Well, the vision isn't clear for Peat by evidence of the Oline shuffle

They do see him as a tackle, a right tackle.

The problem now is that we need guards immediately so Peat will play one of those positions.

They put him at RG but Strief is having a few issues at times and Peat is not seasoned enough to be able to compensate and help, it actually makes him make mistakes.

Solution to that problem? put him between two of the best in the game in Armstead and Unger and get someone that is going to play at a high level to go in between Unger and Strief.

At very least someone that won't make the situation worse if Strief has a physical/mental hiccup.

Underhill is the best Saints reporter but he just speculates about moving AP to LG . There is no indication that SP will move him to LG

Payton actually mentioned Peat at LG several times during the call. He didn't come out and definitively say But what he did say was this: "Peat played a lot of snaps a year ago and I expect him to be better. Now it might be over on the left side, we've moved him around enough, and we've gotta settle in on where we think this player is gonna play whether is it the left or the right."

He also said "I was hoping that we would be able to put him in one spot but I know what he does well and we've gotta find a way for him to be at a high enough level inside and I think we can get that done.

He goes on to say that "By and large I think Strief played well last weekend"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom