Payton discusses possibility of Peat to LG (1 Viewer)

I say put him where he is most comfortable and can beat anyone else on the team, and I think that is LG. If we need Peat to play RT at some future date, then we need to make that change in the offseason to allow him to practice and develop new muscle memory. I think Peat would outplay Kelemete, Lelito and Turner at LG, and we can either have one them play RG, or pickup someone else.

This all could have been avoided had they just drafted Lael Collins

Xw22ahs.gif

This all could have been avoided had they just drafted Lael Collins

Must be fun in your own little universe where reality gets rewritten to whatever you want it to be.

Pity out here in the real world we can acknowledged things like how he openly said if he wasn't drafted when he wanted, he'd just sit out till next draft. Or that he said he wanted out of Louisiana. Probably to put some distance between himself and the murder he was connected to.

Strief is too slow for fast DE. The guy that has been playing in place of Armstead I believe his name is Hills has not been too bad could he play RT?

Strief is too slow for fast DE. The guy that has been playing in place of Armstead I believe his name is Hills has not been too bad could he play RT?

That guy was downright scary at LT on Friday buy hey maybe he can play better at RT...I'd try it based on Friday night!

I kind of agree with this. Sandwich him between two Pro Bowl-caliber players (Armstead and Unger) and leave him there.

Exactly, then put Kelemente and Lelito at RG and have them battle it out. It will be the weakest side of the Oline, but they'll have to work with it until they can find someone to fill the position long term. Looks like another year of worrying for Brees life. . .

Put him back at Tackle, put Lelito at RG and Kelemente at LG. Peat is not a guard and though he is a talented OL and a first round pick a year ago his game did not translate to offensive guard in the NFL they are putting him there out of neccesity.

Carl Nicks would just stand there and absorb the blitz at LG. Peat is actually bigger, so I don't see why he can't do the same thing.

This is comforting that 2 weeks away the coaches still haven't figured out where guys will play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why have preseason if you aren't going to use it to evaluate and make necessary changes?

It doesn't seem that Peat can play well anywhere. He is mediocre at both guard spots and mediocre at both tackle spots, essentially reserve level play at any position he is in for any game. And everyone makes excuses for subpar play. I hope we acquire 2 starting guards and Peat, Lelito, and Kelemete are pushed back into the position they belong on the bench.

Weren't both Nicks and Evans tackles in college and had to "learn" the guard spot? Evans was a bonafide starter before TC was over and Nicks won the starting job by what week 8? It's a joke when people say he needs more time to learn, more time to develop. Thank God we re-signed Armstead and Strief chose to continue playing and not retire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom