Payton discusses possibility of Peat to LG (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Splicing together tweets from both Underhill and Tripplet : #Saints coach Sean Payton talked about possibility of moving Andrus Peat to LG because they need to find spot to maximize what he does well. Clear they want him as an interior player but Payton doesn't believe Peat has played well at RG.

Payton also asked specifically about the Guard position and said that the players at that position need to play better. He thinks Peat will be a good player for a long time and is "fantastic to coach". Payton has reviewed the Pittsburgh film and is neither pleased with the pass rush nor the OL.

IMO Peat would be best on the left side. Let others fight it out at RG.

I don't care where he plays, we just need to plug him in somewhere and leave him there. Moving him around to four different positions doesn't help him at all, IMO.

Oh my god just make it stop. I don't care where just stick him somewhere and leave him there. More importantly don't tell me how you made the sausage just let me know when it's ready to eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splicing together tweets from both Underhill and Tripplet : #Saints coach Sean Payton talked about possibility of moving Andrus Peat to LG because they need to find spot to maximize what he does well. Clear they want him as an interior player but Payton doesn't believe Peat has played well at RG.

Payton also asked specifically about the Guard position and said that the players at that position need to play better. He thinks Peat will be a good player for a long time and is "fantastic to coach". Payton has reviewed the Pittsburgh film and is neither pleased with the pass rush nor the OL.

IMO Peat would be best on the left side. Let others fight it out at RG.

Did Payton actually say that or is that speculation? Which is Tripplet's MO usually. Negative speculation. He's almost as bad as Jeff Duncan with that.

What if this move would give a place for Landon Turner to step up to?

I don't care where he plays, we just need to plug him in somewhere and leave him there. Moving him around to four different positions doesn't help him at all, IMO.
This x 80 trillion.

The funny thing is, watching live and then re-watching the game against Pittsburgh, Peat and Unger were the only offensive linemen that didn't make my head hurt. Peat's worst play was Strief blowing an assignment. I'm not saying Peat was great, but other than he and Unger, the rest of the o-line was :covri:

If this is a move to get Turner at RG, so we end up with Armstead, Peat, Unger, Turner, Strief... I'm ok with this :)

Oakland will be here in 2 weeks.

I hope the coaching staff figures it out soon. Moving Peat around like this is frustrating.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Peat to LG and trading or acquiring a RG to better help out Strief.

Not a bad plan really. Armstead, Peat, Unger sounds solid, Unger, Starting Caliber Guard, and Strief could be solid as well.

Need to make the move immediately though and let them get some time together in this last preseason game.

I always thought this should of been the original plan. He's seems like more of a pure LT so the best position to utilize that skill set would be to put him at LG. Lelito and Kelemete have experience playing both sides so the sensible thing to do would be to put him at LG since he's more comfortable on that side.

Did Payton actually say that or is that speculation? Which is Tripplet's MO usually. Negative speculation. He's almost as bad as Jeff Duncan with that.

What if this move would give a place for Landon Turner to step up to?

Actually it was Underhill. Exact tweet below.

Payton says Peat hasn’t played well on the right side. Seems like door is open for him to play on the left.

Please put him at LG! He is accustomed to playing on the left side and he can fix our problem at LG! I've spoken with people who played OL in college and they say that RG is the easiest position on the OL to play. Lelito actually did decent when he came in when Jahri was out last season. Let Lelito, Kelemete, and Turner fight it out for the RG position.

I just feel Payton is forcing Peat at RG because he wants him to replace Strief at RT in the future. I understand the reasoning as it gets him accustomed to the right side of the line, but I really do believe that Peat could fix the problem at LG!

Not sure what the speculation is about. Payton addressed this specifically in the press conference. He said Peat was drafted to play on the right side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom