Payton: Ducks in a row comment per Florio (1 Viewer)

cue180

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/27/payton-explains-ducks-in-a-row-comment/

“It was really a comment that I had made in preparation for what I knew was going to be an investigation,” Payton said. “I had been contacted, our front office had been, . . . and I wanted to make sure, more importantly than anything else that anyone that was going to be investigated or questioned had their facts straight and the specifics of it.”

The fact that the media put so much thought and attention behind that statement should have been a big red flag on how weak the NFL's evidence was.

Goodell made a lot of that comment by Payton. It was presented as something sinister, an attempt to circumvent the so-called "investigation." It was presented as an attempt by Payton to get his coaches and players to lie. Of course, the explanation from Payton above would mean the quote did not fit with Goodell's pre-determined conclusions, so he chose to ignore Payton's explanation.

Here is what Payton has admitted: He didn't keep a close eye on what was happening on the defensive side of the ball, especially regarding any pay-for-performance pools. That's it. It was a mistake, but not a mistake that should have gotten him suspended an entire season plus some of the offseason. I will never forgive Goodell for that, and I won't forget it either.

Payton was punished for lying, which time has shown to be a lie, by the punisher.

I'm not moving on. Won't bow, don't know how.

Once again... Florio comes through for us in showing what a BS investigation this was. The NFL takes another statement (like the one they did with hargrove) and put their own meaning to it.

Thanks again Mike Florio... and I'm glad Payton was finally able to do that interview because I'm sure he knew that Florio was throwing "BS flags" on everything the NFL was trying to do.

Then again, nobody twisted your arm to open this thread.
That's very true Prof. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I prefer not living, dwelling on things of the past, and it is just that, the past. I'd bet of you asked the guys on this team if they still dwell on bounty gate or if they're focused on moving forward, you wouldn't find many of them giving much thought to it. Yeah, we were wronged but it is time to focus on whats in front of us and not what's behind us.

That's very true Prof. Thanks for pointing that out. I guess I prefer not living, dwelling on things of the past, and it is just that, the past. I'd bet of you asked the guys on this team if they still dwell on bounty gate or if they're focused on moving forward, you wouldn't find many of them giving much thought to it. Yeah, we were wronged but it is time to focus on whats in front of us and not what's behind us.

But that is just it, WE are not on the team, so we can multi-task and focus on many things without our focus really being that important.

I am focusing on what is in front of us, and what I see has a huge vacancy in the form of a stolen 2nd round pick...So yea, give back #2 and we can start the healing process.

It is a matter of paying restitution, and if you were due some because of a crime committed onto you, you'd damn sure want what was due. Right?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom