Payton fired up about the defensive performance (1 Viewer)

He's right... The defense has carried us for 3 of 4 games since Brees went down.... consistently winning because of defense has never happened in the SP era...

If we can keep playing like this defensively when Brees returns and Kamara is 100% healthy... LOOK OUT!

Is this D better than the SB team? I think the line might be better.

I imagine this defense with our 2011 offense. Holy smokes!

He said in the press conference that he told the defense they wouldn't have given up a touchdown if the game was 8 quarters long.
in a game like that, there is so much that goes unnoticed by many but the defense once again won the game for us as teddy had a terrible game.

unfortunately the defense will once again be called upon to have a lights out game to beat chicago and teddy better be ready to play this one because the D cant be the only reason we win games each week

last week i was thinking there is no rush to get drew back, but after so many wide open receivers saw balls fly way over their heads or bounce off the turf, its frustrating

As uneventful as that game was, Payton seemed to be very pleased. That was the calmest and nicest I've seen him in a postgame press conference in a while haha

Is this D better than the SB team? I think the line might be better.

Without looking into the actual stats, I'd say it's clearly a better defense this year. The run defense and pass rush are great without resorting to tricks and unnecessary risk taking. And we do need a play and deliberately bring the heat, the runner isn't going anywhere and the pass rush gets home. It's been awesome.

in a game like that, there is so much that goes unnoticed by many but the defense once again won the game for us as teddy had a terrible game.

Huh? He completed 67% of his passes with 0 INT's vs. a passing defense ranked 15th in the NFL (...playing on their home turf).

Yes, he had some bad throws... but for the game (overall), it wasn't terrible.

:gosaints:

Without looking into the actual stats, I'd say it's clearly a better defense this year. The run defense and pass rush are great without resorting to tricks and unnecessary risk taking. And we do need a play and deliberately bring the heat, the runner isn't going anywhere and the pass rush gets home. It's been awesome.
i think the most notable difference is, we are getting good pressure consistently with just our 4 down linemen and we dont need to blitz to get pressure

even when it was obvious yesterday game plan decision was they were told not to press the pocket and just keep minshew contained, they still got sacks

Huh? He completed 67% of his passes with 0 INT's vs. a passing defense ranked 15th in the NFL (...playing on their home turf).

People have been watching Drew since 2006 and don't know what terrible looks like....Teddy is not terrible. He's just not Drew

Exactly, he had a poor first half for the most part but started to heat up midway through the 3rd quarter and finished well...I think most folks fail to realize we could have easily beat Jacksonville by 2 scores had we not kneeled to end the game....

Of course the defense played great....but Teddy was far from terrible...a terrible game is multiple picks leading to scores for the other team....and that hasn't happened yet and hopefully it won't....

I agree. Remember watching that year and seeing how we would give up tons of yardage and big plays but manage to get turn overs to save our butt and our offense did what they had to do. Without those turnovers, we probably wouldn't blow out teams like we did. Our defense in recent years have been underrated and doing the job quite well. Wish we would get more turnovers. Would have if it wasn't for those questionable penalties.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom