Payton for Robert Quinn (1 Viewer)

I'll trade him for absolutely nothing. In fact we should give them a 3rd round pick for taking him away.

I'll be the first to say it.

Can't trade coaches for players.

Come on people. Not very hard to get around this. If the teams agree to this, you do two different transactions, we ship Payton to the Rams for their second, they ship us Quinn for a fourth. Voila, done deal, all within the guidelines of the rules.....

And I'm saying this as just a hypothetical situation. I wouldn't trade Peyton for Quinn, Aaron Donald maybe.

And to all those spouting off what Gruden and Parcells received recently, that goes out window, both of those coaches were traded at their highest value and therefore received top value. In a what have you done lately league, Peyton is 7 years from a super bowl and been a losing coach the last three years, so don't expect no where near the same trade value.

Come on people. Not very hard to get around this. If the teams agree to this, you do two different transactions, we ship Payton to the Rams for their second, they ship us Quinn for a fourth. Voila, done deal, all within the guidelines of the rules.....

And I'm saying this as just a hypothetical situation. I wouldn't trade Peyton for Quinn, Aaron Donald maybe.

And to all those spouting off what Gruden and Parcells received recently, that goes out window, both of those coaches were traded at their highest value and therefore received top value. In a what have you done lately league, Peyton is 7 years from a super bowl and been a losing coach the last three years, so don't expect no where near the same trade value.

Gruden's highest value was prior to winning a SB? Okay...

Dumb idea, even if it were allowed.

But it's now basically the offseason for us so I understand these types of posts are going to take place..........the ones that don't start getting drowned out by mock drafts, anyway.

Gruden's highest value was prior to winning a SB? Okay...

His last two seasons in Oakland before the trade they were in the AFC Championship game and the year he got screwed over by the tuck rule game which they shoulda won where the pats went on to win the title. Not to mention the Raiders were horrible before him. He was in his mid 30's and viewed as the youngest hot shot coach in the NFL at the time.

We might have received a haul like that if we traded Peyton a year or two after the SB win but not now. Like Gruden at the end of his TB years, Peyton's star has def dulled now.....

I don't see a trade happening. If it did I would take Donald and a 3rd for him. If a GM gives us a first for SP their crazy. As a head coach I wouldn't want to walk into a trade where I lose my first round pick.

I actually see the more likely scenario as SP is fired after the 2017 season. If you think this team is actually trending up your crazy. The defense will still be a liability next season, the cap is better than has been. That being said of or 2017 opponents we only have two who have less cap space than us. Two others are close, Atlanta and Green Bay, both of which are playoff teams trending upwards. Almost all of our opponents have more draft picks than us next year also.

I think the window for us closed in 2011. We are just watching the aftermath, but hey it is fun to watch Brees put up those stats.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom