Payton Has Been Handcuffed to a 5 yard offense, That Ends Next Year (1 Viewer)

whosyadaddy

Bleed Black & Gold
Reaction score
He has been using smoke and mirrors and parlor tricks to keep this team successful when we can't stretch a defense if we tried. The records he has attained with a dink and dunk offense the past few years is damn near miraculous. He did have to let Drew go out throwing I get it, but the man can't throw anymore plain and simple. We have been handicapped playing a 5 yard field against stacked defenses which is damn near impossible for years now and that needs to stop now and Thank God it will.

Mark my words next year with Jameis or another QB that a defense has to guard an entire field with and just cant stack a box for four quarters and you are going to see a much better offense. This is the same coach who made Kerry Collins a fantasy star back in the day when he was dog mess everywhere else. Made Tiki Barber an all purpose yardage machine when he was previously about to fumble his way out the league. We have the best mind in football watch what he does with an actual QB next year

It's ok to say Winston you don't have to add (or another QB) for fear of being challenged by those who don't want to believe he's the contingency plan going forward.

I see this team looking like previous saints team with the seam route coming back to the offense and those deep shots down the sideline like in those Devery Henderson days come back with Winston and his big arm taking over

He has been using smoke and mirrors and parlor tricks to keep this team successful when we can't stretch a defense if we tried. The records he has attained with a dink and dunk offense the past few years is damn near miraculous. He did have to let Drew go out throwing I get it, but the man can't throw anymore plain and simple. We have been handicapped playing a 5 yard field against stacked defenses which is damn near impossible for years now and that needs to stop now and Thank God it will.

Mark my words next year with Jameis or another QB that a defense has to guard an entire field with and just cant stack a box for four quarters and you are going to see a much better offense. This is the same coach who made Kerry Collins a fantasy star back in the day when he was dog mess everywhere else. Made Tiki Barber an all purpose yardage machine when he was previously about to fumble his way out the league. We have the best mind in football watch what he does with an actual QB next year

Be careful what you wish for

It's ok to say Winston you don't have to add (or another QB) for fear of being challenged by those who don't want to believe he's the contingency plan going forward.

I see this team looking like previous saints team with the seam route coming back to the offense and those deep shots down the sideline like in those Devery Henderson days come back with Winston and his big arm taking over

It's not fear you are completely misreading that entirely . I already know it won't be Hill full time. What I you or no one else knows is if Sean brings in someone to compete for the job. But u are going way into left field here.

As sad as it is to see Brees go, this is an exciting transitional endeavor. It’s the first time in a very long time that Sean will work primarily with someone other than Brees in the offseason leading up to the season.

Backups have performed extremely well for NO throughout the Sean Payton era, but there’s a difference in prepping a guy for one week, and prepping a guy as your starter from the first day of camp. Someone other than Drew will get the first reps with the 1s, the more intense tape review, etc..

Jameis could definitely be that guy. Re-signing him is huge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom