Payton Has Been Handcuffed to a 5 yard offense, That Ends Next Year (2 Viewers)

This is what I said earlier. Some QB’s have the “it” factor that wills a team to greatness. Winston probably can’t wait to eat some W’s in the pregame huddle next year and if that happens, be afraid
Lol yeah. I see him being a good fantasy QB but not a real life QB. I hope I'm wrong though if he's our starter but only after we take a long look at all the other options available. He shouldn't just be granted the spot because he was the backup for a year

Who are the deep threats that we have been neglecting to throw to the past few seasons, and will be throwing it over the top to next season?

Dude, Payton has been “handcuffed” to one of the smartest, most accurate and prolific, passers of all time! Brees knew this offense inside and out... he helped develop it! Yes, Brees’ physical skills started to wear down... but

No matter if Taysom or Winston or some hot shot rookie with a canon for an arm... they’re not going to be as prepared and savvy, and as accurate and on-time like Brees.

The offense will gain some ability to truly stretch a defense, but will that outweigh not having Drew “freakin” Brees as the trigger man?

You can count on one hand how many times a team has replaced one great QB with another great QB...
Montana to Young
Favre to Rodgers
Manning to Luck (but that really didn’t work out)

Btw, we are almost 100 mil over the cap this offseason. So good luck with thinking about winning next year with all of the cuts and restructuring we are going to have to do. Maybe Brees restructures and that will help some but this team may not be the same team next year.

yeah....it’s not even gonna be close to the same team.

It was a double fake trick play...he wasn't covered because the entire TB defense thought it was a reverse / run play

Our WRs got zero separation on plays where normal receiving routes were involved. Their DBs were ridding in our receiver's back pockets most of the night

This has been a problem for years. Outside of MT we don't have anyone who can get open consistently. It would help if there was a threat of an over the top pass. This season was the first where I thought Brees arm strength was actually a problem.

To be fair I don't think he has healed fully. Certainly that affects how he can throw the ball.

Dude, Payton has been “handcuffed” to one of the smartest, most accurate and prolific, passers of all time! Brees knew this offense inside and out... he helped develop it! Yes, Brees’ physical skills started to wear down... but

No matter if Taysom or Winston or some hot shot rookie with a canon for an arm... they’re not going to be as prepared and savvy, and as accurate and on-time like Brees.

The offense will gain some ability to truly stretch a defense, but will that outweigh not having Drew “freakin” Brees as the trigger man?

You can count on one hand how many times a team has replaced one great QB with another great QB...
Montana to Young
Favre to Rodgers
Manning to Luck (but that really didn’t work out)

Yep. Brees has been dang near perfection. I mean the dude completes 70 percent of his passes for like a decade.

Whoever is next, we will sacrifice efficiency to bring back the big play.

Will it work?? The grass isn't always greener. Next off season and training camp shouod be very interesting to follow.

Yep. Brees has been dang near perfection. I mean the dude completes 70 percent of his passes for like a decade.

Whoever is next, we will sacrifice efficiency to bring back the big play.

Will it work?? The grass isn't always greener. Next off season and training camp shouod be very interesting to follow.
It’ s not a grass is greener situation, it is a Father Time situation. The crossroads of craftsmanship and physicality have passed.

It’ s not a grass is greener situation, it is a Father Time situation. The crossroads of craftsmanship and physicality have passed.

Oh I agree 100. I am not happy about Brees leaving, but it is time IMO. My point is that the return of the big play may not make up for the lack of efficiency. Or it may. Time will tell.

This was our worst offense under Payton, and it wasn’t just Drew. The interior O line is soft. Our only special skill player is Alvin. A great QB would make a huge difference, though. I don’t think Taysom is that guy. Jameis? Maybe. We’d have to see what he can do. Can we even afford to find someone else?

I mean, I know he was hurt this year... but are you forgetting about Michael Thomas?

He has been using smoke and mirrors and parlor tricks to keep this team successful when we can't stretch a defense if we tried. The records he has attained with a dink and dunk offense the past few years is damn near miraculous. He did have to let Drew go out throwing I get it, but the man can't throw anymore plain and simple. We have been handicapped playing a 5 yard field against stacked defenses which is damn near impossible for years now and that needs to stop now and Thank God it will.

Mark my words next year with Jameis or another QB that a defense has to guard an entire field with and just cant stack a box for four quarters and you are going to see a much better offense. This is the same coach who made Kerry Collins a fantasy star back in the day when he was dog mess everywhere else. Made Tiki Barber an all purpose yardage machine when he was previously about to fumble his way out the league. We have the best mind in football watch what he does with an actual QB next year

Except it was 2 High Man under that was Drew's demise Sunday and not just the box being stacked and daring him to throw deep. In fact despite the fact that Drew couldn't push the ball downfield teams still ran coverages to take it away which means it never stopped being a threat or respected.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom