Payton has Coronavirus (3 Viewers)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He's a healthy guy. He should be just fine. I got sent home from work (where I have my own office and don't come into contact with others in the office much at all since we have intercoms) because I coughed a few times this morning.

He's just gotta stay home to work FA remotely which shouldn't be an issue in this day and age.
Best wishes Inside. You got a ton of SR Who Dats pulling for you! - dan

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not good, he's not exactly "young." Damn.

Not sure what age you are, but as a guy in my mid 40s, Payton being in his mid 50s or whatever is maybe not young, but also isnt elderly, which is the most vulnerable population when it comes to Covid 19.. Perspective is funny.

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This ^

And I wish more people understood this.... Unless Sean becomes 80+ years old tomorrow, secretly has lung or heart issues, develops an immune deficiency, or is a closet asthmatic... He'll be fine in a couple of weeks... That is, if he ever gets any symptoms at all.

The issue with this virus was never how deadly it was, or how insanely sick it was making people...

It was always an issue of contagiousness and a lack of a vaccine overwhelming the medical system and shutting down commerce.

Thanks... Stay safe... and informed.
I mean, that's mostly true, but even some younger people have bad cases. For instance, there is a 45 year-old guy at East Jefferson who had to be sedated and put on a ventilator for several days. And, he apparently didn't have any prior medical issues but did end up with double pneumonia as a result of getting the virus. He is no longer fully sedated, but he is still on the ventilator as of yesterday. So, while most cases are mild unless you have major medical issues, that's not always the case.

Last edited:

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not good, he's not exactly "young." Damn.
At 56, and in fairly good health, he's got very high chance of survival (>98%). Chance of needing hospitalization is probably 10% to 20%, likely on the lower end of that range.

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At 56, and in fairly good health, he's got very high chance of survival (>98%). Chance of needing hospitalization is probably 10% to 20%, likely on the lower end of that range.
says he has had for 8 days

yet was at a horse race this past saturday???

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Hope he got isolated quick enough to avoid spreading it.

NFL might go on total lockdown too. Oi vey.

Infoman

Lawd Have Mercy!
Reaction score
I mean, that's mostly true, but even some younger people have bad cases. For instance, there is a 45 year-old guy at East Jefferson who had to be sedated and put on a ventilator for several days. And, he apparently did have any prior medical issues but did end up with double pneumonia as a result of getting the virus. He is no longer fully sedated, but he is still on the ventilator as of yesterday. So, while most cases are mild unless you have major medical issues, that's not always the case.
It's not mostly true... it's true... in all but some rare outlier cases....

I have gotten pneumonia from a case of the seasonal flu and had to be hospitalized at age 32... It happens.... mostly because (normally healthy) people wait too long to address it...

The issue with this is not mass death or extreme sickness... It never was.

It was always the fast spread rate, and the lack of a defense for it.... overwhelming the system.

The survival rate for those people that are not elderly, don't have compromised immune systems, or don't have pre-existing serious health issues of the lungs or heart... is near 100%

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now imagine if the hospital didn't have any ventilators because there were 8-10x more people that need ventilators to live than there are ventilators. This healthy 45 year old man would have died.

Because that's what the governer of your state says is going to happen in 7 days.
Yeah, I know. I fully expect that New Orleans will be ordered into lock down within the next day or two and it probably should be done as soon as possible.

People should not panic, but you have to take this seriously. Stay in your home whenever possible and when not in it, stay away from other people. And, always wash your hands.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Best wishes Inside. You got a ton of SR Who Dats pulling for you! - dan
I'm actually pissed because I'm just fine. If I had a fever (which I've been monitoring when I wake up and go to bed) then I'd be concerned since I am somewhat immunocompromised. The hysteria over this is ridiculous. All you have to do is follow the very simple instructions of constantly washing your hands and staying 6' away from people as much as humanly possible.

Thanks for the well wishes anyway though. Much appreciated. You guys are like family, just family I've never actually met.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom