Payton has Coronavirus [CLOSED -- Old Thread] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very unlucky guy. I’m not sure we’ll ever win a Super Bowl again with his fortune lol.
I mean we aren't even including the crazy NFC championship finishes. If you add those to his resume of misfortune, it seems stranger than fiction.

He's a healthy guy. He should be just fine. I got sent home from work (where I have my own office and don't come into contact with others in the office much at all since we have intercoms) because I coughed a few times this morning.

He's just gotta stay home to work FA remotely which shouldn't be an issue in this day and age.

Best wishes Inside. You got a ton of SR Who Dats pulling for you! - dan

Not good, he's not exactly "young." Damn.

Not sure what age you are, but as a guy in my mid 40s, Payton being in his mid 50s or whatever is maybe not young, but also isnt elderly, which is the most vulnerable population when it comes to Covid 19.. Perspective is funny.

This ^

And I wish more people understood this.... Unless Sean becomes 80+ years old tomorrow, secretly has lung or heart issues, develops an immune deficiency, or is a closet asthmatic... He'll be fine in a couple of weeks... That is, if he ever gets any symptoms at all.

The issue with this virus was never how deadly it was, or how insanely sick it was making people...

It was always an issue of contagiousness and a lack of a vaccine overwhelming the medical system and shutting down commerce.

Thanks... Stay safe... and informed.

I mean, that's mostly true, but even some younger people have bad cases. For instance, there is a 45 year-old guy at East Jefferson who had to be sedated and put on a ventilator for several days. And, he apparently didn't have any prior medical issues but did end up with double pneumonia as a result of getting the virus. He is no longer fully sedated, but he is still on the ventilator as of yesterday. So, while most cases are mild unless you have major medical issues, that's not always the case.

Last edited:
At 56, and in fairly good health, he's got very high chance of survival (>98%). Chance of needing hospitalization is probably 10% to 20%, likely on the lower end of that range.

says he has had for 8 days

yet was at a horse race this past saturday???

I mean, that's mostly true, but even some younger people have bad cases. For instance, there is a 45 year-old guy at East Jefferson who had to be sedated and put on a ventilator for several days. And, he apparently did have any prior medical issues but did end up with double pneumonia as a result of getting the virus. He is no longer fully sedated, but he is still on the ventilator as of yesterday. So, while most cases are mild unless you have major medical issues, that's not always the case.

It's not mostly true... it's true... in all but some rare outlier cases....

I have gotten pneumonia from a case of the seasonal flu and had to be hospitalized at age 32... It happens.... mostly because (normally healthy) people wait too long to address it...

The issue with this is not mass death or extreme sickness... It never was.

It was always the fast spread rate, and the lack of a defense for it.... overwhelming the system.

The survival rate for those people that are not elderly, don't have compromised immune systems, or don't have pre-existing serious health issues of the lungs or heart... is near 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom