Payton has Coronavirus [CLOSED -- Old Thread] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ^

And I wish more people understood this.... Unless Sean becomes 80+ years old tomorrow, secretly has lung or heart issues, develops an immune deficiency, or is a closet asthmatic... He'll be fine in a couple of weeks... That is, if he ever gets any symptoms at all.

The issue with this virus was never how deadly it was, or how insanely sick it was making people...

It was always an issue of contagiousness, and a lack of a vaccine overwhelming the medical system and shutting down commerce.

Thanks... Stay safe... and informed.

Don't think Italy, Spain and other countries will agree with you.

People perhaps should not over react or under react to the extreme... But better to be a bit closer to the over side.

How many team meetings has he had in the past 2 weeks? How many players has he met with? Even more scary, has he met with Gayle recently?

Both on topic but off the actual thread topic...

My son was tested for CV and other illnesses yesterday at a local hospital in Sulphur, LA. He was negative on everything except CV.
He's a healthy 25 year old, so even if he has the virus, we're not really worried.

Reason for this post is that he was told he should get his results early next week. I've searched online, but finding facts you can trust on this topic is tough. I just find it very concerning that it's taking that long to get test results, not because it changes anything... Doctors orders will be the same whether he has it or not. But if it's taking up to a week to get some test results back, that means the #'s we're seeing are up to a week behind.

Some of what I've found says that CDC and state testing sites should give results within 48 hours or so, but facilities that use independant labs can take up to a week. I'm not sure how accurate this is. If anyone has any information that could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

The test results means nothing to patients. The test has false positives and negatives. If you're symptomatic and you don't require hospitalization...you will be recommended to self-quarantine for 14 days regardless of the test results. It's honestly debatable to get tested because in order to do so you have to seek medical attention and run the risk of spreading the virus. People are getting so hung up on the test results...they have no effect on management right now. They are strictly being used for epidemiological reasons right now.

When I get sick I’d be more interested in getting testing for influenza than Covid. If it comes back positive I get put on Tamiflu

Last edited:
He's been isolated for 8 days. So, zero. The team has been conducting business through electronic means.

He was feeling sick this weekend. You can be contagious up to two weeks prior. I hope that’s taken into consideration.

When was that horse race he went to in Arkansas? Last weekend if I'm not mistaken?

Yes, and I believe he started feeling sick and self isolated. He got tested sometime after that. He's been in isolation and just came forward so people will take it serious.

Edited for accuracy.

Last edited:
Yes, and I believe he started feeling sick the next day and got tested sometime after that. He's been in isolation and just came forward so people will take it serious.
I know last weekend, my wife, my son and I did NOTHING!!!! Pretty irresponsible to be travelling to social gatherings. Love coach, but come on

Man this has been a rough start to the year.

Get well soon Payton.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear of more reported cases within NFL circles in the next couple of weeks now that people are serious about getting tested.

Update from Sean Payton to Steve Wyche of NFL Network:

Typing as I listen on TV.

By text message:

"I am really good considering. Symptoms begin Sunday PM, got tested Monday, results today.

Fortunately no respiratory issues, no high fever"

Get well Sean!

Yes, and I believe he started feeling sick the next day and got tested sometime after that. He's been in isolation and just came forward so people will take it serious.
Correct. He had said on a TVG interview that he thought the NFL season could be delayed even though free agency started on time. Anyway hope he is resting up now. Get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom