Payton hasn't ruled out MT13 against the Raiders (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
"Wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) hasn't been ruled out of Monday's game versus the Raiders but would not comment any further on his status. Pelissero and Rapoport reported Wednesday that Thomas, after initially planning to play through his injury."

Sometimes you have to protect folks from themselves.

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
I take this as a very encouraging sign. Maybe he'll miss Monday but sounds like a go for the Packers game. The game against GB is shaping up to be one of the most important contests of the season. The Packers play a cream puff schedule so its very important to secure a victory against them.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Unless he needs to be in a boot or a brace or on crutches, why not dress him as a decoy?

Is attempting to target one of our "lesser" receivers (don't mean that to be as insulting as it sounds) or pulling up a guy from the practice squad going to concern Vegas any more than CGM in a uniform on Monday night?

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I take this as a very encouraging sign. Maybe he'll miss Monday but sounds like a go for the Packers game. The game against GB is shaping up to be one of the most important contests of the season. The Packers play a cream puff schedule so its very important to secure a victory against them.
Packers vs a good team is like us versus the Viking. Destined to be embarrassed.

Reaction score
I don’t know, this all sounds suspect. We need MT so if he’s hurt he needs to sit and come back for us at a later date instead of playing now and getting more injured i.e. Kamara.

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
I've already heard Vega$ sources state that CGM is "OUT."

Comments about Mike Thomas start at the 0:30 second mark.

I don't think oddsmakers would say that if it wasn't so.

:gosaints:

bladerunner

Rookie
Reaction score
I've already heard Vega$ sources state that CGM is "OUT."

Comments about Mike Thomas start at the 0:30 second mark.

I don't think oddsmakers would say that if it wasn't so.

:gosaints:
He may play or he may not play. These "oddsmakers" are just going what they hear from the media... this was posted yesterday so let's wait till the report from today's practice. Also that Dave Cokin guy looks like the albino pirate and must be a Raiders fan

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
He may play or he may not play. These "oddsmakers" are just going what they hear from the media... this was posted yesterday so let's wait till the report from today's practice. Also that Dave Cokin guy looks like the albino pirate and must be a Raiders fan
Im not saying one way or the other because who knows the validity of the people in that video.

One thing I do know, oddsmakers know WAY before the media on who’s going to be in or out. Rarely ever does it happen where the media or public find out at the same time as the oddsmakers

bladerunner

Rookie
Reaction score
Im not saying one way or the other because who knows the validity of the people in that video.

One thing I do know, oddsmakers know WAY before the media on who’s going to be in or out. Rarely ever does it happen where the media or public find out at the same time as the oddsmakers

"Im not saying one way or the other because who knows the validity of the people in that video."
well said

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Just like Dwight Freeney in the SB, and Mike Evans in the Bucs game, this seems to be a bit coach game playing. I don't think MT plays but you have to at least make the other team spend hours preparing for the possibility. Although in the cases I mentioned, it was the opposite end spectrum. NO ONE that I knew had ANY doubt that Freeney and Evans were gonna play. But in this case, I doubt seriously that MT plays. Only because high-ankle sprains are terrible and can linger if aggravated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Does Sean Payton still script first several offensive plays, and if so, could teams use that against us? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Sean Payton sends right message with Michael Thomas fine Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Sean Payton’s obsession with Taysom Hill is hurting the Saints offense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Darren B Jeff Duncan book - Payton and Brees Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Payton endorses Saints playing in Baton Rouge, praises Panthers QB Bridgewater Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Payton supports games at LSU, with fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton says possibility of having Saints games at LSU 'would be exciting' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Sean Payton would embrace playing at LSU with fans in attendance Saints RSS News Feeds 0
syracuse saint Payton's playcalling. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 40
Dan in Lafayette Sean Payton Postgame Interview | Saints-Chargers Week 5 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara I think Payton wanted to go for 2 to win the game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
cue180 Payton considered going for two Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Taker597 2nd largest comeback under Payton. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Saints Terrific Kamara/Payton breakdown Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
So_$@int Silly Saints Will coach Sean Payton stick with the run? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Sean Payton not concerned with counting Taysom Hill's touches through 4 weeks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton to approach Saints injury situation smartly with bye week to follow Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas ruled out for Monday night after altercation with teammate Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Injury report: 3 Saints ruled out, 6 are questionable for Monday night against Chargers Saints RSS News Feeds 0