Payton hasn't ruled out MT13 against the Raiders (1 Viewer)

Also, I hope we don't rush him back like we did AK. It will be mad annoying if after another disappointing postseason exit we get the standard "MT looking forward to new season where he says he's feeling fully healthy for the first time in a long time; reveals he tore ligament in ankle" come training camp 2021.

Meanwhile... Tyrell Williams has removed all his IG posts having to do with the Raiders..

CGM could play but it depends on the extent of the sprain and what limitations he has at that point. He wouldn’t be able to cut and he risks more damage so he would be crazy to try it. Could it be done? Yes BUT he would be braced heavily and couldn’t cut so that’s no going to happen. The injury looked bad but he pulled it out quickly so it wasn’t a full 90 degree bend of the joint. I’m just another guy with multiple ankle sprains. I’m hopeful that he misses one or two weeks and returns against GB. If he isn’t ready for GB then sit him until after the bye.

Whether he plays or not the ankle is going to bother and slow him down for the rest of this season. His speed and cuts in his routes will be directly affected and people will be wondering "what's wrong with Thomas" because he's playing it must surely mean that the ankle is healed.

High ankle sprains don't heal in weeks no matter who the player is...............it takes months and live NFL action is not the activity that is recommended to induce healing.

"Wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) hasn't been ruled out of Monday's game versus the Raiders but would not comment any further on his status. Pelissero and Rapoport reported Wednesday that Thomas, after initially planning to play through his injury."

Sometimes you have to protect folks from themselves.
Something is strange here. It is reported as a high ankle sprain. It then turns into "significantly worse than first thought". Now he might play against the Raiders? If he really does have a high ankle sprain, he shouldnt be playing for at least a few weeks. Idk what to believe at this point.

Something is strange here. It is reported as a high ankle sprain. It then turns into "significantly worse than first thought". Now he might play against the Raiders? If he really does have a high ankle sprain, he shouldnt be playing for at least a few weeks. Idk what to believe at this point.

There are grades. A very mild bone separation / mildly stretched tendon, though painful, would not be a threat to be re-injured. If moderate to severe, he should let it heal of just have surgery.

"Wide receiver Michael Thomas (ankle) hasn't been ruled out of Monday's game versus the Raiders but would not comment any further on his status. Pelissero and Rapoport reported Wednesday that Thomas, after initially planning to play through his injury."

Sometimes you have to protect folks from themselves.

Probably the same time of smoke&mirrors as Tampa did with Evans...

Thomas strikes me as a guy who will try to play through whatever he can possibly play through. I hate for him to miss any time, but we also don't want him to aggravate the injury and be out even longer. I think it's a no-brainer that he should sit on Monday, but of course, there's no reason to announce our best pass catcher's status right now.

Did anyone listen to the press conference. Sean didn’t answer the question. He said no. No we’re not gonna talk about this. Not no he’s not ruled out

I’m very confident he will be ready to play against the Packers. I never thought his injury was that severe. He was walking around pretty well on the sideline after the game.

I wouldn't rule him out because that gives the Raiders one less thing to plan for. No absolutely, plan for Michael Thomas...please devote attention to someone who may not play.

tenor.gif

Yea I think this is 💯 about Raider game plan. I dont think we will risk a set back there. No way in hell. You think Payton caught flack last week; see what would happen if that ankle got worse from too early a comeback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom