Payton just said he was responsible for Taysom’s play today. (2 Viewers)

Peat is a possibility, but Armstead had a positive test for COVID just this week. Unless the league changed the rules that's usually a 2-3 week outage because there's a minimum one week delay AFTER testing negative before they can resume team activities.
You are right, l stand corrected, my bad

Peat is a possibility, but Armstead had a positive test for COVID just this week. Unless the league changed the rules that's usually a 2-3 week outage because there's a minimum one week delay AFTER testing negative before they can resume team activities.
Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. Atlanta has no pass rush and even against the Broncos, the problems for Taysom had nothing to do with the LT. Hill just has to pull the freaking trigger.

All this Jameis talk is nonsensical. Everyone knows what he brings to the game. Great arm talent. Not a very smart player, will throw at least one pick per game.
Payton and staff know that Taysom is a unique talent that is a multi dimensional weapon. They are playing him to see what he can do as a starter and at same time try and get him more reps at QB to develop his passing game.
I say leave Winston on the bench where he belongs.
Like Taysom isn’t out there fumbling the ball at least once per game. This is laughable at best.

I think Taysom's ceiling was last week against Atlanta. Indecisiveness, low I.Q. poor pocket awareness, and questionable throwing ability cannot be something you just fix at 30 in this league. I like Taysom a lot but a lot of ya'll are kidding yourselves thinking that this is "just a bad game" or that fans are just having a "knee jerk" reaction to his first poor performance cause it ain't.

Good for Payton for taking the heat off an inexperienced player making his second start. In the film room reviewing tape of the game I doubt he’s that kind.

As far as posters “complaining” after a 31-3 win well....these posters have watched enough football to know the following will become big problems in the future -

The Broncos did a good job of taking away Hill’s first read. This caused him to hold on to the ball and take sacks.

Hill didn’t see wide open WRs. There were plays to be made that had he seen them.

Zero looks at AK41 out of the backfield. This is a huge part of the Saints Offense. Kamara can turn simple dump offs into big plays.

Hill seemed overly concerned with staying in the pocket. This happens with running QBs when they try to change their game. Instead improvising escaping the pocket and making plays Vick style Hill was clearly trying to be a pocket QB (he isn’t).

I don’t see Steve Young watching Hill play, I see a faster more athletic version of Tim Tebow. If Payton keeps starting Hill then he needs to embrace that. Not try to force a square peg into a round hole.

At this point the only players you can seriously compare him to is a rookie QB playing starting his second NFL game. That is exactly what he is at this point, a 30yo rookie QB starting with the pressure to keep this ship afloat and try to fight for the starting role next year.

I'd push back on this a little. Taysom is new as a starting QB and there is certainly a learning curve there. That's fair.

But he also isn't a rookie. He's been through 4 training camps and 3 preseasons, and had several years of practices, meetings, and tutoring under one of the best QB's in league history. And even if he hasn't attempted many passes, he's still taken a bunch of NFL snaps as a QB and gotten used to the speed of the game while playing even more snaps at other positions.

Those are all big advantages over rookie quarterbacks.

Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. Atlanta has no pass rush and even against the Broncos, the problems for Taysom had nothing to do with the LT. Hill just has to pull the freaking trigger.

I wasn’t making a judgement on Armstead either way. I was just stating my opinion that I don’t think Armstead could return this week because of the league’s wishy-washy COVID rules.

‘I’m a little more worried about game 2 vs Atlanta. The Saints got a bit of an edge with the surprise Taysom start. Two weeks ago Taysom started making reads and could hit an occasional open receiver. This week he looked like class slacker on pop-quiz day.

I don’t know which version of Taysom we’ll get, which version of the Falcons we’ll get, which (if any) of our starting corners we’ll get. I think all it would take is an opening drive TD by Atlanta for things to unravel pretty quickly for the offense.

Zero looks at AK41 out of the backfield. This is a huge part of the Saints Offense. Kamara can turn simple dump offs into big plays.

I wonder though if Taysom was told to stay away from Kamara and use him more as a decoy. I mean we know Kamara is injured, and we all know what happens to the offense when he is hobbled. There was also no doubt the Saints were going to win this game. When they talked about changing the game plan during the end of the week you know it was Payton dialing it back to at least make it as non embarrassing for Denver as he could. I could see coach saying exactly that. Kamara is a decoy. Use him only if needed.

what everyone is also overlooking is Denver has a very good defense and they came to play yesterday.

God bless Taysom. Gotta love the guy. However, he's a one read QB. And he is very hesitant on that one read. You can only mask that for so long. By this age, I'm not certain Taysom can develop into a survey the field go through the progressions QB. He surely isn't decisive when his one read is there and is very inconsistent with anticipation and trusting his WR and throwing before the break is made.

Yesterday, he didn't have to be a legit QB. I doubt Atlanta will come with the same plan; even then, Taysom was dog poo in the first half and didn't resemble a legit QB. I'm rooting for the guy, but if it gets to where the game and first seed is in question, I'm all for putting Winston on the field.

the saints players and sean payton want jameis to start. Ask kamara or michael thomas who theyd rather have behind center. Taysom hill getting that contract over bridgewater was an ownership decision as was the decision to have hill start over winston( and ill leave it at that)
On numerous occasions, both of them have said that they really do not care what their stats are as long as the team is winning. Both already got paid, and honestly the less they get the ball in these games, the less chance they have of getting injured.

The only reasons they'd want more attention in the passing game at this point in the season is if we are losing or if they were itching for a new contract. Neither of those things are happening, so basically your point is moot.

On numerous occasions, both of them have said that they really do not care what their stats are as long as the team is winning. Both already got paid, and honestly the less they get the ball in these games, the less chance they have of getting injured.

The only reasons they'd want more attention in the passing game at this point in the season is if we are losing or if they were itching for a new contract. Neither of those things are happening, so basically your point is moot.

Not exactly. If they were to say anything different you’d see this place flooded with threads on how selfish they are. They got paid yeah but they also have performance incentives built into their contracts. AK41 was on track to have record numbers in yards from scrimmage and now he can’t even get a pass in his direction. Reduce getting the ball to me because that gives me a lesser chance to get injured........Said no NFL player (heck any football player) ever.

Not exactly. If they were to say anything different you’d see this place flooded with threads on how selfish they are. They got paid yeah but they also have performance incentives built into their contracts. AK41 was on track to have record numbers in yards from scrimmage and now he can’t even get a pass in his direction. Reduce getting the ball to me because that gives me a lesser chance to get injured........Said no NFL player (heck any football player) ever.
Which is why Kamara even admitted that he's playing smarter now and not fighting for that extra bit by ducking out of bounds. Ok... Do I think he would like more action? Yes. Do I think he is mad that he isn't getting it? No.

Which is why Kamara even admitted that he's playing smarter now and not fighting for that extra bit by ducking out of bounds. Ok... Do I think he would like more action? Yes. Do I think he is mad that he isn't getting it? No.

He‘s being a good teammate in my opinion. I’m pretty sure he’s thinking to himself this dude is killing me here.

Agreed. Only P'Oed off people are fantasy football players.

It is difficult for me to buy off on that as well. TH just seemed to have no confidence, made horrible reads with his progressions, and just seemed out of sync. I'm sure Denver's defense, which is pretty good even without Von Miller, had something to do with that. He had the screen pass to AK properly setup and he couldn't pull the trigger. Then the successful screen pass to the TE Trautman was also almost botched as he, for whatever reason, held back releasing the ball.

Next week, lets hope SP does more to assist TH with his limitations. Maybe a moving pocket, getting it to AK on check downs?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom