Payton just said he was responsible for Taysom’s play today. (1 Viewer)

I don’t doubt Payton is telling a version of the truth. Denver’s defense for half a game was doing everything they could to win the game. A couple of bad passes, a couple bad interceptions for quick points would take a game that could be easily managed and won into something that would be difficult.
Now, i doubt Payton is very happy about his holding onto the ball too long, and his kinda poor decisions at times. Yet, in the end the Saints won.

I’ll post the video when it goes up. But he said Taysom played well and he was in Taysom’s ear “24/7” telling him to protect the ball.

here is the video:

This was run the clock out since we know they can't move the ball so hopefully we shorten the game and limit injuries...goal accomplished.

If this was the case then you can understand why it felt like the passing game was do dumbed down and Hill struggled to find open guys.

The run game took the wheel this game, it was a grind it out game we let the defens and run game win it.

I think there is something to the "play it safe" scenario, but man this was just bad quarterbacking. Receivers running open and he was just stuck in neutral. Could not pull the trigger.
Well I think it’s certain Hill has a major issue working through his progressions and does have sown limited down field vision.

mind you he just looked so damn cold. He had no rythm and just didn’t look in groove at all, you and I both know how important it is to get into rythm at that position. He was majorly off the mark all day today on throws.

big factor in my thoughts on the forcing it down field take is that it was a very reckless bad throw to cook into double coverageto start that drive. And then to me, if Payton isn’t telling him to make a throw (which I’m sure he said be smart on the throw, not to create a turnover) I am not sure why he would force that pass on the Interception.

I’m not giving up on Hill because he looked off today. In fact based on the scenario unfolding throughout this weekend, I am going to take a hard look at this second ATL game to see where he really stands.

Yeah I think the gameplan definitely had an effect. We ran more and not many pass plays. Like a running back having to get in a rhythm so does a QB.

I don't think Hill played well, but I also don't think he had a chance to get in any rhythm throwing.

As for AK, he has been nursing a foot injury and Payton is not for ing him like he did last season with the injuries. When his foot is healed he will get more touches.

I think there is something to the "play it safe" scenario, but man this was just bad quarterbacking. Receivers running open and he was just stuck in neutral. Could not pull the trigger.
Also you have to wonder, as Payton said, if he’s in hills ear so much on not messing up, maybe it caused a major lack of confidence snd mental focus because he was so concerned with not making a mistake, which then your so concerned with it that you end up making mistakes.

the saints players and sean payton want jameis to start. Ask kamara or michael thomas who theyd rather have behind center. Taysom hill getting that contract over bridgewater was an ownership decision as was the decision to have hill start over winston( and ill leave it at that)
LMAO AmericanHeroJameis

the saints players and sean payton want jameis to start. Ask kamara or michael thomas who theyd rather have behind center. Taysom hill getting that contract over bridgewater was an ownership decision as was the decision to have hill start over winston( and ill leave it at that)
Jamie’s we know it’s you

LMAO AmericanHeroJameis

sean payton is an offensive guy, taysom at qb greatly limits his offense to players like michael thomas and kamara. Sean wanted to go with winston, but im sure ownership intervened

When asked to pass he definitely could have done better. However against an inspired defense the offense moved down the field and scored points. I think we saw in Denver today what it is truly like to not have a QB. Hill went in there, commanded the offense well with the exception of a delay of game, against a defense that was giving it EVERYTHING they had until they had no more to give. The offense scored when it had to, and put the game away. There is no doubt that the offense that we saw on the field is exactly what CSP wanted. He just didn't have the bonus of a good pass game. CSP made Hill a promise that he would get his shot, he's getting it.

If he passes against ATL next week like he did in this game, he should be benched. But I suspect that we'll get an offense that grinds out points in the low 20's with a suffocating defense that ultimately wins the game. This is a very specific type of plan CSP has, and with Taysom at QB the Saints are THE best rushing attack in the NFL, bar none. He's leaning on that, and will take any bonus that Hill's arm can produce.

What should be VERY clear, and being talked about the most is the fact that the Saints are playing like the best team in football right now.

sean payton is an offensive guy, taysom at qb greatly limits his offense to players like michael thomas and kamara. Sean wanted to go with winston, but im sure ownership intervened

So you’re trying to say a guy that has been in the locker room, playing with them, all that was going to be tossed out to start a guy who they had on the team for a couple
Months? Sorry, not buying thst

Crack is bad for you!

Payton quote from the presser: "There were two ways to lose a game like this and we didn't want one of those."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom