Payton lack of investment in a kicker still haunts Saints (1 Viewer)

Fwiw, considering the one constant over years of musical chairs at kicker, McMahon has basically wrecked the confidence of every one of them. He's has a terrible track record as ST coach. He absolutely has to go.
I don't think McMahon is calling the shots on the kickers. His boss is.

Fwiw, considering the one constant over years of musical chairs at kicker, McMahon has basically wrecked the confidence of every one of them. He's has a terrible track record as ST coach. He absolutely has to go.

I agree but he's one of the untouchables, along with Vitt and Johnson. The two worst units for years have either been run or heavily influenced by these three clowns.

Ps. I actually like what I saw from Lutz in his first game, I think we have something to work with. I'm sure McMahon will blow it though.

i keep seeing all these people saying they like what they saw out of Lutz.

i seriously want someone to tell me what that is. he's got a strong leg. ok cool. he also shanked a 50 yarder indoors and line drived a 30 yarder and got it blocked.

he looks no better than Hocker looked to me.

i keep seeing all these people saying they like what they saw out of Lutz.

i seriously want someone to tell me what that is. he's got a strong leg. ok cool. he also shanked a 50 yarder indoors and line drived a 30 yarder and got it blocked.

he looks no better than Hocker looked to me.
If you were keeping him on the PS and getting him some coaching to develop and continue to improve his skills, I see it.

Still think the impetuous decision to just cut Forbath and put Lutz on the roster was/is risky and bit nuts for all you pointed out. He has potential but still looks shaky and throwing him into the fire before he is ready could just as easily derail his potential.

If you were keeping him on the PS and getting him some coaching to develop and continue to improve his skills, I see it.

Still think the impetuous decision to just cut Forbath and put Lutz on the roster was/is risky and bit nuts for all you pointed out. He has potential but still looks shaky and throwing him into the fire before he is ready could just as easily derail his potential.

yeah i mean the kid is talented. he almost hit that 61 yarder. but he also blew the 50 yarder and that was just as much of a game winner as the last kick.

You got a rookie kicker in his first game ever in front of all our fans in the dome and he misses a 50 yarder and y'all blame him for the game. For god's sale this kid barely missed the 61 yarder for the win, and had he made it. All of you would have said we have the next Tom Dempsey. Some of y'all need to sober up before posting after a game. Or just dont break out the Jim Beam till after the 2nd half.

If your problem is with the kicker after this game, then you are part of the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he went 2/4 and missed a kick that NFL kickers should make. we lost the game by 1. between that and Brees holding the ball for 39969400 seconds on the first drive and fumbling....

You got a rookie kicker in his first game ever in front of all our fans in the dome and he misses a 50 yarder and y'all blame him for the game. For god's sale this kid barely missed the 61 yarder for the win, and had he made it. All of you would have said we have the next Tom Dempsey. Some of y'all need to sober up before posting after a game. Or just dont break out the Jim Beam till after the 2nd half.

I guess every Saints kicker is going to live in Morten shadows....I hear he still haunts the Dome. Cut the kid some slack, what kicker has the leg to narrowly miss a 61 yarder. Give him a chance.

what are you people not understanding? no one cares if he missed the 61 yarder. missing the 50 yarder is a problem.

what are you people not understanding? no one cares if he missed the 61 yarder. missing the 50 yarder is a problem.
What are you not understanding? No one wants to hear you bag on a kid who did pretty good in his first-ever NFL game. Yes the 50-yarder was bad, and the 61-yarder had a chance but didn't quite go. Would have been better if he made both of them.

But he showed some talent, and didn't seem rattled, so we may actually have a player at the position. He may end up never working out, but today's performance was not a reason to throw him on the trash pile.

The 50 yarder should've been hit. That's in most kicker's range.

The 61 yarder was impressive. Even other teams fans were saying it was a great kick and we shouldn't be discouraged.

We need to stick with Lutz. I just hope Payton is going to let him develop and not breath down his neck or psyche him out too much.

I agree. There is no available kicker that can automatically make 61yd kicks. He had the leg strength, just off just a slight margin. I think they should stick with him, b/c he (despite the misses) give me more confidence than all those other kickers the saints have had

I hope the know-nothings don't run this kicker out of town.

he has an incredible leg, he is the future.

First off, I do not think fans can run a kicker out of town. Secondly, incredible legs do not always translate to points. He needs accuracy too. Hopefully, he will be fine.

Cairo Santos had a rough start at Kansas but they did keep him and Andy Reid showed that he trusted Cairo. Then he became a great kicker for them.

You either have patience with a young kicker or you never will have a good kicker.

Absolutely. He was awe fully close on that 61-yard ear. You can see the potential is there. Show the kid some patience and faith.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom