Payton lack of investment in a kicker still haunts Saints (1 Viewer)

My god

Centimeters away from 1/4 and you're telling me "he did pretty good."

He's got some talent. He'd have been a fantastic addition to the practice squad. But he's not ready for prime time. And no, we aren't gonna throw him on the trash pile because Payton, in all his kicker wisdom, thinks this kid is gonna be a hall of famer. Plus it's too late for that. We spent all offseason evaluating two vet kickers and then dropped them for a UDFA after the final cut down.

He was was a hair more than a yard wide on the 61-harder. And the one that was nearly blocked wasn't his fault, in the least. So, yeah, I think he did pretty good.

So, other than pre-game warmups, did Lutz have practice time IN THE DOME for FG Kicking?

(I would think that if he doesn't have much experience of kicking in a Dome, then kicking in his first NFL game in the Super Dome would take some getting used to!)

What I'm telling you is that no one is happy that we lost. But you running around pretending to be a GM, and solving all the team's ills, and bagging on a kid who did a decent job in his first ever game, is getting really old.

You sound so angry.

yeah i mean the kid is talented. he almost hit that 61 yarder. but he also blew the 50 yarder and that was just as much of a game winner as the last kick.

he went 2/4 and missed a kick that NFL kickers should make. we lost the game by 1. between that and Brees holding the ball for 39969400 seconds on the first drive and fumbling....

what are you people not understanding? no one cares if he missed the 61 yarder. missing the 50 yarder is a problem.

Please show a stat that a NFL Kicker should make a 50+ yarder more than 70% of the time.

Which is probably why he should have spent some time on the PS before calling him up. I would hate to damage his confidence by throwing him into the fire so early.

My god

Centimeters away from 1/4 and you're telling me "he did pretty good."

He's got some talent. He'd have been a fantastic addition to the practice squad. But he's not ready for prime time. And no, we aren't gonna throw him on the trash pile because Payton, in all his kicker wisdom, thinks this kid is gonna be a hall of famer. Plus it's too late for that. We spent all offseason evaluating two vet kickers and then dropped them for a UDFA after the final cut down.

I don't think that I do, but you are free to take it however you wish.

I highly doubt any team would use a p/s spot (even with the new 10 man squad) on a kicker or punter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom