Payton needs a boss (1 Viewer)

I can't believe people are still whining about the draft.

2015 = 5 starters + 2 role players + we signed an elite CB in Breaux from the CFL (like another draft pick)
2016 = The entire freaking draft made the roster and looks to contribute

Well that is a step in the right direction b/c in their drafts from 2010-2014 Only Cameron Jordan, Mark Ingram, Terron Armstead, and Brandin Cooks are left. So from FIVE year's worth of drafts, the Saints have four players left on contract. :covri:
edit: and vacarro

Well that is a step in the right direction b/c in their drafts from 2010-2014 Only Cameron Jordan, Mark Ingram, Terron Armstead, and Brandin Cooks are left. So from FIVE year's worth of drafts, the Saints have four players left on contract. :covri:

So what? It's not 2014 anymore. You either get better or you don't, and we've gotten better.

Regardless, your list is nowhere close to right.

From those drafts:

Cooks
Jordan
Ingram
Jenkins
Vacarro
Armstead
Stills (Traded for more then we gave up for him)
Graham (Traded for way more then we gave up for him)

So what? It's not 2014 anymore. You either get better or you don't, and we've gotten better.

Regardless, your list is nowhere close to right.

From those drafts:

Cooks
Jordan
Ingram
Jenkins
Vacarro
Armstead
Stills (Traded for more then we gave up for him)
Graham (Traded for way more then we gave up for him)

I did specify: "the Saints have four players left on contract"
The only one of note I forgot was Vacarro. Jenkins hasn't done diddly poo and easy to see how I forgot that name.
sorry I momentarily forgot the cantankerous person I was talking to.

Will I get banned if I admit that I accidentally green thumbed the original post?

If so, I didn't do that.

If you're looking for a perfect coach who has never made a bunch of mistakes over a 10 year career, good luck.

He is too arrogant and impetuous when it comes to personnel evaluation. He falls in love with prospects so trade additional draft picks to move up, uses other draft picks on players with injury history and overspends valuable cap dollars on FAs he falls in love with. And he likes toys more than building blocks. Saints need a stronger GM who will take the personnel reins from Payton.

Needs a real boss. No true boss would allow this....

I'm jumping ahead of the argument that, sure Payton has bosses, but he needs a "true boss". :rolleyes:

Been waiting for a reason to give out this one, finally got it. Thanks.

Attachments

• no true scotsman.jpg
    no true scotsman.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 14
He is too arrogant and impetuous when it comes to personnel evaluation. He falls in love with prospects so trade additional draft picks to move up, uses other draft picks on players with injury history and overspends valuable cap dollars on FAs he falls in love with. And he likes toys more than building blocks. Saints need a stronger GM who will take the personnel reins from Payton.

Apparently you don't understand that gms handle personnel moves.

Can we temp ban these types of posters? They bring no legitimate discussion to the table and never take the time to understand moves before spouting off at the fingertips.

One redeeming quality of a very bad thread is that you learn who agrees with said bad thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom