Payton needs a boss (1 Viewer)

He is too arrogant and impetuous when it comes to personnel evaluation. He falls in love with prospects so trade additional draft picks to move up, uses other draft picks on players with injury history and overspends valuable cap dollars on FAs he falls in love with. And he likes toys more than building blocks. Saints need a stronger GM who will take the personnel reins from Payton.

Just because they are on the team doesn't mean the draft maximized the talent that was available. They also haven't contributed to a winning season yet. It may be they made the team because the team is lousy.

No way you can be this grouchy and not seriously need to get laid........

he is too arrogant and impetuous when it comes to personnel evaluation. He falls in love with prospects so trade additional draft picks to move up, uses other draft picks on players with injury history and overspends valuable cap dollars on fas he falls in love with. And he likes toys more than building blocks. Saints need a stronger gm who will take the personnel reins from payton.

amen!

The OP has violated the first rule of being a sheep on a forum:
Thou shalt not be critical of the holy trinity: Brees, Loomis, and Payton.
Do not engage in such blaspheme again. To do so would represent independent thinking, and indicate you are not a true fan.:no:

I remember the OP (SaintStephen) making a specific post about the number of freshmen starting on the 2003 LSU football team, so we know he is an LSU fan. I'm not here to cast dispersions on LSU, but that could explain his bad disposition right now. You know those guys who come to Saints games and, if the Saint lose, chant "LSU, LSU" all the way while walking out? Yeah, that guy... well maybe SaintStephen is that guy and is scared he might not be able to do that this Sunday.

Also, since he has only been a member of SR for ONE year and has made all negative posts, including one about trading Drew to the COWBOYS, I'm guessing he is from Shreveport and really a Cowboys fan.

I did specify: "the Saints have four players left on contract"
The only one of note I forgot was Vacarro. Jenkins hasn't done diddly poo and easy to see how I forgot that name.
sorry I momentarily forgot the cantankerous person I was talking to.

You wanted to make 2010-2014 look as absolutely bad as possible in response to my posts praising 2015/16.

I get it, they weren't good (2013 was just awful), but did you really not expect me to point out that you left off 2 players still on the roster and two guys who were big draft successes but were traded for a haul of picks/players?

That's not being argumentative. It's a normal response.

I remember the OP (SaintStephen) making a specific post about the number of freshmen starting on the 2003 LSU football team, so we know he is an LSU fan. I'm not here to cast dispersions on LSU, but that could explain his bad disposition right now. You know those guys who come to Saints games and, if the Saint lose, chant "LSU, LSU" all the way while walking out? Yeah, that guy... well maybe SaintStephen is that guy and is scared he might not be able to do that this Sunday.

Also, since he has only been a member of SR for ONE year and has made all negative posts, including one about trading Drew to the COWBOYS, I'm guessing he is from Shreveport and really a Cowboys fan.

:potd:

He is awfully quiet now. The Loomis bashers were silenced today.

Watch Brees' press conference today and that will shed the light on how blessed we are to have the Owner, Gm and Coach that we do..
This post was insane if u ask me.....

I volunteer to be his boss;

"Hey Sean, start a rumor that Von Miller tried to break into Fort Detrick and steal some anthrax. Then sign him after the Bronco's cut him."

Seems pretty whiny/bad, but it's actually just the same 5-6 guys over and over again

Very observant! Shows a good feel for the community. :9: But it's really more like 9 or 10 habitual types that work to either incite or fan the flames of negativity. The rest are just normal members voicing their opinions which are sometimes negative, but also show reason and balance within their overall posting persona's.

Posting histories help us differentiate between the habitual offenders and the rest. I like to think of the habitual Trolls, Negative-Nancy's, Contrarians, and Kill-Joys as cancerous tumors within the belly of this community.

Over the next few weeks you will very likely notice many of them disappearing. Every few years, we have to perform a purge of sorts... for the good of the community. It's been quite a while since the last one.

One redeeming quality of a very bad thread is that you learn who agrees with said bad thread.

Haha! Well according to your premise Soggy, here I go.........

Having a GM like Ozzie Newsome or John Elway would only add significant player evaluation experience and balance to the organization. The Saints are the SP team. Challenge and detailed discussions by competent leaders only makes an organization stronger. But I am sure glad we have SP for 4 more years. I think this year he will show his re-engagement, passion and leadership like he did through 2011.

Ireland is not a peer of SP. He works for SP regardless of title.

He has too much on his plate without much help.

Loomis is a glorified accountant.

Ireland is one good scout/personnel guy.

We need another high level guy who can be the GM on the
Personnel eval side.

Someone who is detached cool and experienced.

Can't be trading picks every year and failing on the selections
You would think that after numerous bad drafts these guys may realize that you
Need volume. They fall in love with prospects too easily and are married to certain
Players and don't give team flexibility not optimal drafting.

Even in trades we seem to give up an additional pick. For example in the graham trade we got a 1st and Unger but had to give up a 4th. Why?
It's moves like that Which add up. We don't maximize.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom