Payton needs a boss (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
He is too arrogant and impetuous when it comes to personnel evaluation. He falls in love with prospects so trade additional draft picks to move up, uses other draft picks on players with injury history and overspends valuable cap dollars on FAs he falls in love with. And he likes toys more than building blocks. Saints need a stronger GM who will take the personnel reins from Payton.

lame_post_yoda.jpg

I can't believe people are still whining about the draft.

2015 = 5 starters + 2 role players + we signed an elite CB in Breaux from the CFL (like another draft pick)
2016 = The entire freaking draft made the roster and looks to contribute

Can we wait until after we "inevitably" get blown out by the superior 7-9 Raiders squad before we start removing Payton's power of attorney or whatever?

Just because they are on the team doesn't mean the draft maximized the talent that was available. They also haven't contributed to a winning season yet. It may be they made the team because the team is lousy.

I can't believe people are still whining about the draft.

2015 = 5 starters + 2 role players + we signed an elite CB in Breaux from the CFL (like another draft pick)
2016 = The entire freaking draft made the roster and looks to contribute

Peat is starting but the jury is definitely still out on him
I like the Anthony pick, but he did just get demoted to a less significant role
Kikaha is not a starter.
Grayson is cut.
PJ Williams is looking better than I could've hoped.
Davison doing very well
Tull is cut
Swann had a good rookie year hope he can bounce back

I'd say 2015 was a decent haul, not perfect but decent. and it was because we
stocked up a lot of picks to work with and no trade ups. 2016 is more of a question mark. We traded up to select a FS, in the process losing a pick that was used by the Pats to select a starting OG. Then we again traded up to get back in the 4th round after taking away the pick. That's a troubling departure from the 2015 strategy.

Has the meltdown ever been this bad on these forums before the regular season has even started?

Has the meltdown ever been this bad on these forums before the regular season has even started?

I think the "doom and gloom" of the election cycle has people exhausted.
Wait until the saints blow someone out and then you will see "19-0 baby!!!" as the spirits lift and the true season is upon us.

Seems pretty whiny/bad, but it's actually just the same 5-6 guys over and over again

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom