Payton on NFL Radio (1 Viewer)

Wahoo

miles away
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Payton's usual Monday morning interview on SIRIUS (today it was with Bob Papa and Cris Carter). Sorry, I missed the very beginning, here are his comments:

*SP: better offensive balance than at Tampa, happy with that aspect.

*SP: can't fumble it 3 times, being on the bad side of a 3:0 turnover ratio is the difference in a 38-31 game.

*SP: at halftime, felt confident about what we were doing defensively. down 14-0 quickly, but both scores were on a short field, held them to 3 points after that initial surge.

*SP: frustrated in that we did alot of things well enough to win

Cris Carter asks when Horn will be back:
*SP: he was close, probably could have played this week, but "Joe is the type of guy who needs the practice reps", we just weren't comfortable putting him out there with his limited practice time last week. should play vs Cincy.

SIRIUS: injuries coming out of game?:
*SP: nothing of significance, a few contusions, but we came out of the game pretty healthy (he did not mention any player by name)

SIRIUS: who are you rooting for tonight?
* SP laughs: I'm good friends with both Foxy and Gruden, but you always have to root for the team with the lesser record. Definitely rooting for Tampa tonight. Going to be tough for them with Carolina coming off their bye, but Gruden have them ready, especially with the extra day to get ready.

Cris Carter: obviously, no moral victories in the NFL, but your team fought yesterday. What did you tell them after the game?
*SP: Told them that I was disappointed for them.

SP then went on to talk about bouncing back:
*SP: we've got to dig down deep to respond from a loss like that. with a young team, sometimes it's harder after that type of loss than say a loss like the Baltimore game where you get blown out. that will be the challenge this week.

SIRIUS: another question about being down and fighting back
*SP: we never feel like we're out of a game with this QB.

After Payton hangs up, Papa and Carter talk a bit. Carter keeps raving about the plays the Saints made, says he was more impressed with how they didn't give up than anything else, and that they definitely will beat Cincinnati next week.

Thanks for the recap.

Does this come on the same time each Monday??? If so I will set an outlook reminder.

Thanks Wahoo, it's much appreciated.

Yes NC, Monday 8 AM hour, right at the top of the hour.

I once again saved the entire segment to my player. I'll try to transfer it this evening and post it here.

Did anyone check out the last one I posted? Or was the audio too f'ed up to make sense of it?

Does this come on the same time each Monday??? If so I will set an outlook reminder.

Yes, just after 8am (central time). Sometimes he's tied up with something, but always on by 830.

Appreciate the recap. I have to agree with Payton's assessment of Drew Brees; the guy's a winner.

I heard the interview too Wahoo and that's a good recap but one little thing I'd like to add if you don't mind to the point about Payton being disappointed FOR the players. He said he felt for them because he believed they had prepared very well for the game all week and generally played well in a road game situation. For whatever reason, it made me feel better to hear Payton say that they prepared well.

I love hearing Payton's comments first thing Monday morning. I hope he keeps that time slot.

Yes NC, Monday 8 AM hour, right at the top of the hour.

I once again saved the entire segment to my player. I'll try to transfer it this evening and post it here.

Did anyone check out the last one I posted? Or was the audio too f'ed up to make sense of it?

That would be very cool HHD! Can you post links to the others you've done? I hadn't seen them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom