Payton on Sirius (Interesting info revealed) (1 Viewer)

You can get the online subscription and not have to buy all of the hardware/accessories. It's the same price ($12.95).

The way Payton described it, it was a "boxer's break" on the "second finger from the left". (he didn't specify which hand, though...I'd assume it was his left)

And I'd underscore what NLU reported about Jones wanting too much for Romo, and add to what LSS stated in saying that I'm much happier w/ Brees and Reggie than I would have been with Romo.

The fact that Colston has been out for the last 2 weeks and Brees has 850 yards passing in those 2 games just makes our recieving core even stronger. Henderson has stepped up, Copper is good, Joe is Joe and Colston is the best reciever in football. Plus, we have a QB that can get them the ball, Deuce and Bush, Man we need to keep this offense together!!

Hopefully he will hold Simoneau out so he can be %100 later and give Clark some playing time.

Clark's a monster vs. the run, but a liability in pass coverage. Simoneau is serviceable vs. the run, and solid in pass coverage.

Advantage Simoneau.

Previous posters got most of it, but a few other items to add:

Gil Brandt asked him about the Hail Mary, and Payton said it was the first one he had seen that no defender tipped the ball or really even came close to knocking down. Last successful one he had been involved with was when he was with the Giants and came against the Saints in the Meadowlands. Think he said Kent Graham threw it.

Bob Papa asked about the first 2 possessions, where the Saints "did it both ways" with the long TD pass to Henderson, then essentially "running it down their throats with the 2nd TD" to go up 14-0. This where SP said he was a bit uncomfortable throwing the ball as much as they had the past couple of weeks, and they especially wanted to establish the run in the first half yesterday. He went on to explain why he seemed to get away from the run early in the second half -- stated Atlanta did a very good job of taking the run away with some of their defensive looks and run blitzes.

As mentioned with Colston, SP said they really considered activating him yesterday, but were worried there was risk in making the injury worse and setting him back several weeks.

Gil Brandt finished up with a question about Doug Marrone. SP said Marrone has really brought together the o-line, who are five completely different starters from last year. Said they are just getting better every week, and the Saints are very fortunate to have Marrone on staff.

I think Dallas is in trouble. Payton knows the Cowboys like the back of his hand. And knows Romo. I say we exploit Dallas at their home if our secondary is playing well.

Maybe this means that Payton gets to handle football personel and Loomis works the money. At least I hope that is how it goes because Mickey is bean counter by trade not personel. This would mean the buisness is being run the correct way. Let the football people do the football stuff and the money people do money stuff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom