Payton on the Gardner-Johnson Trade (1 Viewer)

He is a good player and we can debate the Saints handling of his circumstance when he was still with the team. However, you need to stop the hyperbole. CJGJ is not THE fundamental reason Philly experienced the success they have his year. They would still be where they are with or without him. Please.
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say PHI being the first team in history with 4 separate guys totaling 10+ sacks had a lot to do with their defensive success. As Eli's Giants Super Bowl teams proved, a killer pass rush can make an average secondary look a lot better. Also, I doubt Jalen Hurts/Devonta Smith/A.J. Brown/Dallas Goedert had the seasons they had b/c they were suddenly just so inspired by Chauncey's presence.

Definitely a stupid trade but at least we still have the guy (Ireland) in the building that has a habit of drafting great defensive players.

Are you guys even Saints Fans anymore, why is every thread a negative Saints as an Organization thread or a passive aggressive shot at Dennis Allen and or Mickey Loomis? were people questioning Payton when he traded Brandin Cooks (he's continued to perform) but people got over it.
Cooks publicly complained over too few touches with a famous quote

Cooks publicly complained over too few touches with a famous quote
The Cooks trade P'Oed me off cauae all he had to do was be patient. Yes Drew arm was in a decline, but Im sure Payton couldve used him more in WR screens and Bubbles.

We had the best WR corp with MT, Cooks, Snead and Graham. All cause he didnt get touches in a game we won.

Smh.....

conveniently leaked when we got robbed on compensation. coaching staff became instant soft. he was disgruntled at the time w/ contract negotiations. who cares, shut up and play ball.
If we’re being fair, I was hearing Underhill reporting CGJs questionable behavior before a trade was done. In fact, tons of media had him as a trade target due to his attitude well prior to being released.

The big one that broke around the time he got traded was that he got dinged in practice and refused to continue and was shouting “this what y’all wanted!” In reference to him getting injured before he got a huge payday.

So…I’d say that’s a guy who likely wouldn’t be above undermining the coaches in the locker room.

He had to go.

And good for him. He did well enough to get his payday.

If we’re being fair, I was hearing Underhill reporting CGJs questionable behavior before a trade was done. In fact, tons of media had him as a trade target due to his attitude well prior to being released.

The big one that broke around the time he got traded was that he got dinged in practice and refused to continue and was shouting “this what y’all wanted!” In reference to him getting injured before he got a huge payday.

So…I’d say that’s a guy who likely wouldn’t be above undermining the coaches in the locker room.

He had to go.

And good for him. He did well enough to get his payday.
Sorry, i'm not saying things aren't true of what's being said but its being greatly exagerrated. He was a trade candidate going back long time. We didn't need to get robbed of compensation cause he was going to be disgruntled playing. He was always on the emotional side. I tend to think this was partly to make amends with MT.

People forget the Saints offered CGJ $10M to play the Slot.
He wanted Outside CB pay, or $14M+.
The Eagles haven't paid him yet, and he happily played Safety for them.
Dude was effectively replaced in NOLA by Taylor.
Gardner will likely be looking for his 3rd team in 3 years in Free Agency this year.

We need to get over CGJ.
Dude was a total butthole all training camp last year, wasn’t interested in helping his team win. Combative with his coaches, finally gets traded , then runs his ex-teammates down.
Screw him.
Yet all his teammates still follow him...

Remember this is the same org that lied about Jameis Winston's injury......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom