Payton on the Gardner-Johnson Trade (1 Viewer)

IF some here remember, when SP showed up in 2006, he took immediate control. He made Wayne Gandy his target ( the story about removing his LAzy Boy recliner from locker room etc ) and traded him not long after his arrival.

Setting tone. ( but it could have gone all wrong too - it didnt )

I think DA attempted to "recreate' something similar. DA coulndt get CJGJ back into the fold and felt the need to show his toughness and traded him.

Unfortunate and circles back to the comment Schlereth provided about "fear".

Sean carried that gravitas....DA hasnt earned it.
I was never a Wayne Gandy fan.
He also raided the Cowgirls when he joined us...

Grabbed Shanle, Fujita, Terrence Copper, Billy Cundiff, and Gary Gibbs.

These things happen when you start over you bring some old with you when you can.

It was a stupid trade that didn’t make any sense.

One of the things Brees always said that made Payton a great coach is that he’d be honest with everyone and blunt.

Is there anyone that disagrees that it was a dumb trade and a steal for the Eagles? No?

What are we talking about then? The Sky is blue and Walk-Ons has surprisingly fantastic Gumbo.

IF some here remember, when SP showed up in 2006, he took immediate control. He made Wayne Gandy his target ( the story about removing his LAzy Boy recliner from locker room etc ) and traded him not long after his arrival.

I think DA attempted to "recreate' something similar. DA coulndt get CJGJ back into the fold and felt the need to show his toughness and traded him.

DA is a cat

It's obvious Loomis and DA wanted CJGJ out of the organization. I'm sure it had to do with the fact that they didn't think they could come to terms on a new deal plus a disruptive attitude. I would think Loomis tried to shop him around but found what he could get. Or is Loomis so dumb that he refused a better deal from someone else🤷

This is exactly what happened and since he had 1 year left on his contract he had minimal value. Loomis did his best to avoid another Junior Galette situation.

People are just griping for the sake of griping.

Such a good point here! Agree

I am sure most of you have seen or heard the report that Payton, commenting on the Gardner-Johnson trade, called the trade a "steal" for Philadelphia and questioned the reasons that the Saints made the trade. At the time it was made, many on this forum were critical of the trade. In retrospect, the trade looks even worse. He had nearly as many interceptions (6) as the entire Saints defense (7).

I repeat an assertion I have made many times: Sean Payton does little by accident, and there is nearly always a reason for his public comments. So why did Payton use language so blunt when talking about the trade and the player?

My take is not that Payton was taking a gratuitous shot at the Saints organization, but that he was sending a signal to the player, who should be a free agent shortly, that he would be welcomed in Denver
Ya THINK?

I think it's time for Sean Payton to shut his mouth and focus on the Broncos. It's a bad look to publicly undercut your successor who served well on your staff for so long. Payton made his share of dumb moves as well.
No joke..Junior Galette just to name one. We suffered years in dead cap from that deal.

No joke..Junior Galette just to name one. We suffered years in dead cap from that deal.
Junior Galette beat his girlfriend on the beach with a belt. What crime did Ceedy deuce commit besides changing positions and having more interceptions then our whole Defense?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom