Payton on WWL (1 Viewer)

btw, WWL was playing loud obnoxious background music for the last 45 seconds while Payton was talking....really annoying music too, for a second, I thought my iTunes was playing. so yeah, they "played" Payton off the air.

They do that to all their guests. It's so obnoxious...WWL is unlistenable (lol is that a word) for me at this point. That whole station is just listening to hours of commercials with an occasional host saying one or two things every now and then. You would at least think their engineer would have the decency to wait for the guests to finish their statement and wrap up the interview before they hit the bumper music, nah instead lets show our class by just cranking the music up in the middle of the guest trying to answer the question as if they are trying to shut him/her up.

For sports, the big 870 sucks.

As for the actual interview...i'm liking what Coach is saying. You can tell, this guy just wants desperately to win.

btw, WWL was playing loud obnoxious background music for the last 45 seconds while Payton was talking....really annoying music too, for a second, I thought my iTunes was playing. so yeah, they "played" Payton off the air.

Yeah I just find it unbelievable that they'd play the "we need to go to a commercial" music while Payton is interviewing. Are you kidding me? Really? You're that desperate to get a commercial break in you'd do it over the Head Coach of your bread & butter?

Randal Gay can play safety??.....:beerchug: :rollon: :youpi-12: :Singe1301: :elefant:

Thanks be to God!! Maybe now they can replace Bullocks!! :elefant: :za_thanx: :byee: :jump:

McCray: was NOT signed b/c of the Will Smith contract situation; signing was to get a 3rd DE who can work in a rotation and improve the quality of the DE position; he'll be a good fill-in when Smith or Grant are resting; cited the Giants as one reason why McCray was signed, to add more quality DE; also said that Smith and Grant have earned their jobs and has utmost confidence in both, that signing does NOT take away what both have done; again cited the Giants during the SuperBowl, esp the rotation of their good DEs and hoping we can do the same w/ McCray

This is what most of us have been thinking, but it's good to hear it from the head honcho's mouth. And I don't think Payton is "smoke screening" here. When he says stuff like this, he means it, if the past is any indicator.

why are the Saints on WWL in the first place? There must be another station willing and able to carry the team. With internet streaming these days I don't see why this organization can't take itself into the Big leagues.

Take the Saints aways from WWL and what do you have?

The thing is, that WWL at night gets like 48 states and Canada. The power that they are pushing out is awesome. Why do you think people from all over the county call in to the shows? They hear it live. That is some serious exposure. It is just a natural fit for the Saints to be on the "Big 870". I hate the commercials to but, it is better than them being on a small station that you cannot hear at night. My dad used to do play by play on WWL back in the 80's and he would get mail and calls from all over the U.S.A. from people who had heard the game on WWL.

Can actually get a faint WWL up here in Northern Jersey... occasionally try to fight through the static to listen in.

Payton slipped about moving Grant inside to DT, but it sounded like he was talking about third down more than anything. Which would be perfect, Smith-Young-Grant-McCray, on third and longs.

I wouldn't doubt that they "played" him off the air. They do that all the time, and it is not an automatic thing. It's just one more example of the obnoxiousness that is WWL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom