Payton: Pierre Thomas could return for Saints at Bengals (1 Viewer)

NO WAY he comes back from a bad ankle on a sloppy field. Snow and rain here the last couple of days. The field will be bad for a guy on a bum ankle.

It'll be interesting to see today's practice report. I'll go out on a limb and say "Pierre Thomas -- limited (ankle)".

Only two posibilities: Limited or DNP.

Both designations are getting depressing. :(

Again see Reggie Bush's supposed return against the Seahawks. Payton is just playing mind games with the Bengals staff. He's forcing them to watch game film of PT in action and waste time preparing for him.

Do we not remember what a non 100% PT looks like? He never was the fastest guy but when he's injured he looks like his cleats weigh 100 lb. a piece. So unless he's somehow miraculously 100% I doubt he plays especially after Reggie's disastrous rusty return.

If the Bengals have been paying attention to PAyton's injury reports they should spend about 2 minutes preparing for PT.

Won't believe it until Hokie Gajan announces the inactives at 11:00 am Sunday morning on WWL.

st. dave

Jeff Duncan doesn't think so:

The New Orleans Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan is skeptical that Pierre Thomas (ankle) is ready to make his return this week at Cincinnati.
"Wouldn't count on him Sunday. My guess is he needs another week," wrote Duncan, responding to a Twitter inquiry on how Thomas has looked in practice. Duncan's skepticism is somewhat surprising in that Thomas and coach Sean Payton had both expressed optimism that he would play this week. Thomas isn't going to be a recommended fantasy starter until his role is defined in a return to game action. Dec. 2 - 8:58 pm et
Source: Jeff Duncan on Twitter

I'll believe it when I see him on the field catching screens and check downs again.

Mulestradamus forsees that Pierre will ring up points, not cost us points. See how much rust the Wal-Mart priced RB shows compared to out Rodeo Drive back.

Anyone think they may try to force PT into the game b/c of Ivory's injuries to his shoulder and ankle? I haven't heard anything regarding Chris' availability for Sunday. Anyone know anything on him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom