Payton: Pierre Thomas could return for Saints at Bengals (1 Viewer)

I would LOVE to see PT back again this week. That said, i'm not buying it either. lol.

And even if he does play, how effective will he be in his first few games back?

Well in the games Pierre has come off an injury, he has been pretty effective. His game does not seem to rely upon as much timing as say a player like Reggie Bush. A case in point was the game last year against Buffalo. Pierre had missed the first two games and did not play in the first half of that game. In the second half, he had 14 rushes for 126 yards and two touchdowns.

I would imagine Payton might limit just how much he plays, that is, if he is able to even play. But giving him about 5 to 8 touches to let him get his feet wet wouldn't be so bad. He's not a guy who puts the ball on the turf so I think there are some advantages to getting him involved even as we continue to rely on Chris Ivory and more on Bush this week.

I say the Rams game in the DOME when we see the whole team back as one. The Saints will take the field against the Rams fully loaded and ready to rumble. All back; Bush,PT,Evans,Sharp, and Shockey...preventing of other injuries.

I wanna see more of P.T.s screen play TDs

Any word on how Shockey is doing with those Ribs ? busted mine up a couple of weeks ago.. that was some painful stuff. Slowly getting better.

web.jpg

That would create quiet the logjam. Julius Jones has played well, not spectacular, but well and Chris Ivory is here for the long haul. Then there's Reggie, of course. And now PT would have to get back in on the mix?

Heh. It's a great problem to have, I tell you that.

He all of a sudden has "turned the corner." ....I'd really like to known what has been going on behind the scenes with this situation.

Well in the games Pierre has come off an injury, he has been pretty effective. His game does not seem to rely upon as much timing as say a player like Reggie Bush. A case in point was the game last year against Buffalo. Pierre had missed the first two games and did not play in the first half of that game. In the second half, he had 14 rushes for 126 yards and two touchdowns.

I would imagine Payton might limit just how much he plays, that is, if he is able to even play. But giving him about 5 to 8 touches to let him get his feet wet wouldn't be so bad. He's not a guy who puts the ball on the turf so I think there are some advantages to getting him involved even as we continue to rely on Chris Ivory and more on Bush this week.

Yeh, but two games is two games...much less than what Pierre's missed.

I might be trippin, but I think this is the first time that Coach Payton (himself) has spoken in terms that it's LIKELY Pierre will be on-the-field for the upcoming game.

OK wise guys... I know somebody will go to archives to pull a quote and feed me a crow sandwich! :covri:

:gosaints:

That would create quiet the logjam. Julius Jones has played well, not spectacular, but well and Chris Ivory is here for the long haul. Then there's Reggie, of course. And now PT would have to get back in on the mix?

Heh. It's a great problem to have, I tell you that.

Yeh, plus add Graham to the mix as a TE. This team might actually have a problem with too many weapons. Good thing we don't have any me-first players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom