Payton: Pierre Thomas could return for Saints at Bengals (1 Viewer)

that doesnt matter. all Ive ever read on here is that no team would ever think about gameplanning for pierre thomas.

There's a big difference between 'reading on here' and knowing what coaches will do. I suspect the Cincinnati coaches probably haven't read this forum and will likely take note of Sean's comment about Pierre.

I know there are all the PT unsatisfied rumors... stupid ones. But you want to know how PT gets a good (Not super-star, but good) contract? Exactly what he did through the playoffs last year, helping us win Lombardi #2.

OK, lets say he does return..................remember Reggie's return.............
Pierre has not been REALLY hit in what 8 weeks............how many fumbles do you
think he will have.............I say 2

(I'm hoping he is activated for the game but not used unless we need him)

OK, lets say he does return..................remember Reggie's return.............
Pierre has not been REALLY hit in what 8 weeks............how many fumbles do you
think he will have.............I say 2

(I'm hoping he is activated for the game but not used unless we need him)

pierre never fumbles dude. fumbling is the least of my worries when pierre returns.

Again see Reggie Bush's supposed return against the Seahawks. Payton is just playing mind games with the Bengals staff. He's forcing them to watch game film of PT in action and waste time preparing for him.

Do we not remember what a non 100% PT looks like? He never was the fastest guy but when he's injured he looks like his cleats weigh 100 lb. a piece. So unless he's somehow miraculously 100% I doubt he plays especially after Reggie's disastrous rusty return.

Do we not remember what a non 100% PT looks like? He never was the fastest guy but when he's injured he looks like his cleats weigh 100 lb. a piece. So unless he's somehow miraculously 100% I doubt he plays especially after Reggie's disastrous rusty return.

funny...i remember a game in 2009 where he didnt start, was suffering from the flu, got iv at half at did this:

att yds avg td lng
P. Thomas 14 126 9.0 2 34

in the second half.

I'll take him at 90%

funny...i remember a game in 2009 where he didnt start, was suffering from the flu, got iv at half at did this:

att yds avg td lng
P. Thomas 14 126 9.0 2 34

in the second half.

I'll take him at 90%

Lower leg injury vs. the flu, entirely different. I want him to come back but only if his ankle is nearly 100%.

It'll be interesting to see today's practice report. I'll go out on a limb and say "Pierre Thomas -- limited (ankle)".

Lower leg injury vs. the flu, entirely different. I want him to come back but only if his ankle is nearly 100%.

I agree about the ankle part being 100%- and I can only imagine that SP feels the exact same way.

Coach is now entering december (again) with the playoffs in mind. He is going to attempt to win games while giving players that are nicked up the ability to get back to 100%.

my point was that while we all want him at 100%, he (PT) can get past the "mental" aspect of it even if 90%.

I truly do not think that SP will risk further aggravation of PT's ankle if he has any chance of re-injury.

I think the main concern is getting back to "football shape". Reggie showed his lack of "football shape/sharpness" last week. I think another game or two and he will be back to 100%.

I just hope all of them are ready come mid-late Dec. to make this run.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not buying Coach Sean's statement until I see #23 back on the field. Even if he returns, he'll certainly be limited in the minutes and carries he gets. We'll see. Need him for the Ravens and Falcons.

I don't want to take the Bengals lightly but I do feel that we win that game with or without PT. I just hope we are 100% for the Falcons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom