Payton Press Conf. Call 8-30-16 (1 Viewer)

Nothing humbles you like losing.

Perhaps it's just me but I don't see SP acting any differently. He's always been candid and on the reverse side he's always been irritable about injury questions. It depends on what you ask.

I'll listen to him answer questions and he'll say things like "good question" as he answers it.

That's someone to me who likes to be challenged and asked questions AS long as they are relevant and don't go against the grain with what he's trying to accomplish.

If a co-worker doesn't like coffee in the mornings how long b4 you stop asking would you like a cup? Perhaps he could do a better job at understanding that people DO have jobs and have questions to ask...but in the heat of the moment....natural instincts take over and an irritated response is more likely than not because it irritates him.

I see the same Payton....with a little more energy but I think that has come from having a young locker room that doesn't appear to just be going through the motions so theres some excitement/eagerness/refreshing sense that I pick up on but nothing out of the ordinary.

Motivation can turn crap into candy.

kitten-crap.jpg

:covri:

I would guarantee that it's something that Payton sees and knows, that we can't see, probably saw in practices that's making him do this. Every season in my league, parents in the stands are yelling things down, calling us stupid and all sorts of stuff...when they don't have a clue why we do what we do, use their son the way we do. This one, to me looking far off, seems more about motivation. You can have all the ingredients the right cooks and a plan for a delicious meal...but without motivation...it can turn out tasting like hamburger helper.

Motivation can turn crap into candy.

Fan goggles, in your case parent goggles.

Perhaps it's just me but I don't see SP acting any differently. He's always been candid and on the reverse side he's always been irritable about injury questions. It depends on what you ask.

I'll listen to him answer questions and he'll say things like "good question" as he answers it.

That's someone to me who likes to be challenged and asked questions AS long as they are relevant and don't go against the grain with what he's trying to accomplish.

If a co-worker doesn't like coffee in the mornings how long b4 you stop asking would you like a cup? Perhaps he could do a better job at understanding that people DO have jobs and have questions to ask...but in the heat of the moment....natural instincts take over and an irritated response is more likely than not because it irritates him.

I see the same Payton....with a little more energy but I think that has come from having a young locker room that doesn't appear to just be going through the motions so theres some excitement/eagerness/refreshing sense that I pick up on but nothing out of the ordinary.

I've watched his pressers for over a decade now. He has changed, and rightfully so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom