Payton Press Conference WWL (1 Viewer)

Much appreciated. Grabbing it now.

Payton also mentioned that in discussions with RB Reggie Bush, he expects Bush to be a regular in this year’s program. Last season Bush split time between his West Coast home and New Orleans. News that evidently pleased Payton, “He (Reggie) is planning on being involved in all of our off-season, which is good and encouraging. I think it’s important for him and for all running backs, with the pounding they take, to be real diligent in the weight room.”

Cool!

I thought it was a pretty good press conference. I was not all that pleased with his answer to the safety question. It sounded to me as if Bullocks and Harper had earned their starting spot and KK would have to do something special to become the starter.

I think the safety postion was one of the weakest parts of the secondary. He did mention Gay as being able to play safety. Maybe I should not second guess the coach. He definately knows more than me.

I'm really hoping that Harper is the answer at SS. I'm starting to lose faith in Bullocks, but he has shown good potential in the past. We need both of these guys to reach their potential. We can't afford another year of poor safety play.

I like our focus on improving the front 7, but I'm still worried about the back four, especially if Mckenzie is not 100 percent. Our defense will be interesting to watch next season.

I thought Harper played great last year, nobody is perfect and considering he lost his rookie year to that knee injury, I'd say he bounced back and proved to be a playmaker out there on the field (4 Sacks, 3 Picks, 1 returned for a TD) and proved to be a solid tackler (TB game aside) so his potential is pretty high, I'd agree with Payton, he's something to build on.

Um, writer Doug Miller seems to like Scott Fujita...a lot.

“ 'It’s good to be back around the guys and catch up,' said LB Scott Fujita, who appears to have not taken a single day off from his normally very involved conditioning and weight lifting regime. Sporting a sleeveless shirt during the workouts, Fujita’s arms, chest and head glistened as he went through the strenuous workout."

“ 'It’s good to be back around the guys and catch up,' said LB Scott Fujita, who appears to have not taken a single day off from his normally very involved conditioning and weight lifting regime. Sporting a sleeveless shirt during the workouts, Fujita’s arms, chest and head glistened as he went through the strenuous workout."

LOL

sounds like something outta one of those romance novels....lol

Thanks for the link St.Chadwick!

Nice to hear MM is ahead of schedule...I think he will be healthy for the start of the season.

From the feeling I got from Payton, and how he said "we could sign some more guys"...probably means we will at least sign 1 or 2 guys (Maybe Lehr at G/C, and another D player possibly). Quickly dismissed the Lito Sheppard talk with saying "I didn't even know he was on the block"....which is kinda odd and suspicious, IMO.

Spoke high of Kaesviharn...got the feeling that he could start on opening day (unless we acquire a S from the draft/FA).

Also spoke high of Pierre, and sounds like he will def be in the mix for the team and to contribute.

I like that EVERY player on the team, was there today except Drew and Hollis but they had a reason why (NFLPA meetings).

Good stuff, and a great start to the off-season workouts.

Thanks for the link St.Chadwick!

Nice to hear MM is ahead of schedule...I think he will be healthy for the start of the season.

From the feeling I got from Payton, and how he said "we could sign some more guys"...probably means we will at least sign 1 or 2 guys (Maybe Lehr at G/C, and another D player possibly). Quickly dismissed the Lito Sheppard talk with saying "I didn't even know he was on the block"....which is kinda odd and suspicious, IMO.

Spoke high of Kaesviharn...got the feeling that he could start on opening day (unless we acquire a S from the draft/FA).

Also spoke high of Pierre, and sounds like he will def be in the mix for the team and to contribute.

I like that EVERY player on the team, was there today except Drew and Hollis but they had a reason why (NFLPA meetings).

Good stuff, and a great start to the off-season workouts.

Re: Lito...he's not allowed to comment on a player on another team's roster. That's tampering. Maybe that was Payton's way of politely blowing off the question.

To the people questioning an offensive or defensive first round pick.... The question was asked and he didnt give a direct answer. He pretty much said it was BPA regardless of which side of the ball the player plays on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom